Can i draw a helical coil around a rectangular core in Ansys maxwell?

In summary, it is possible to draw a helical coil around a rectangular core in Ansys Maxwell by using the "Wrap Coil" feature in the Coil feature library and the Coil Library to insert windings and control the coil geometry.
Hasan Safi
I am doing core loss calculations in Ansys Maxwell for a project, in which I need to draw a helical coil around a rectangular core to get a more realistic model. But I haven't really found any helpful material. I don't know if its possible, but if it is I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, it is possible to draw a helical coil around a rectangular core in Ansys Maxwell. You can do this by creating your coil shape as a 3D curve and then using the "Wrap Coil" feature in the Coil feature library to wrap your coil around the core. You can also use the Coil Library to insert the necessary windings into your coil and control the coil geometry. I hope this helps!

1. Can I draw a helical coil around a rectangular core in Ansys Maxwell?

Yes, it is possible to draw a helical coil around a rectangular core in Ansys Maxwell. This can be done by using the "Create Helix" tool and selecting the rectangular core as the reference object.

2. How do I create a helical coil in Ansys Maxwell?

To create a helical coil in Ansys Maxwell, you can use the "Create Helix" tool which can be found under the "Create" tab. Then, select the desired parameters such as the number of turns, pitch, and diameter to create the coil.

3. Can I customize the properties of the helical coil in Ansys Maxwell?

Yes, you can customize the properties of the helical coil in Ansys Maxwell. This can be done by selecting the coil and then adjusting the properties in the "Properties" tab. You can change the material, dimensions, and other parameters to suit your needs.

4. How do I simulate a helical coil in Ansys Maxwell?

To simulate a helical coil in Ansys Maxwell, you can use the "Solve" tab and select the "Transient" or "Steady State" analysis options. Then, define the boundary conditions and solve the model to obtain the results.

5. Can I analyze the magnetic field of a helical coil in Ansys Maxwell?

Yes, you can analyze the magnetic field of a helical coil in Ansys Maxwell. This can be done by using the "Magnetic Field" post-processing tool which can display the magnetic field distribution and other related parameters.