Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Carborator adustment screwdriver tool?

1. Jul 20, 2012 #1
    Hello, this is my first post in these forums.
    I have a 32cc Craftsman weedwacker. When i turn it on, it will stay on for a little while, for about 2, maybe 3 minutes maximum.. When i pull the throttle, it shuts off.

Does anybody know what the correct tool would be to use to adjust the high and low circuit settings on this carborator?

Here is a photo: 3581c279ca91e7e1d2c410bcd5d8cc156372f818914d2066bca15200869c2a896g.jpg

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2012 #2

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

terryp, Welcome to Physics Forums!

I used the Google search terms: “craftsman weed whacker 32cc carburetor adjustment”.

I discovered that you have lots of company with the same problem with that same weed whacker.

You may try to adjust the carburetor at:
    http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/family.asp [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Jul 21, 2012 #3

Averagesupernova

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Use a straw that comes with a can of expanding foam insulation.

5. Jul 23, 2012 #4

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

6. Aug 9, 2012 #5
    its the two screws with a little hole inside. i need a tool that goes around the outside perimeter of the circle and it needs a little insert peice for the small whole to get the leverage.

7. Aug 9, 2012 #6
    i was wondering if any one knew the name of the specific specialty tool.

8. Aug 14, 2012 #7
    Clean it first.

9. Aug 15, 2012 #8

Averagesupernova

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From what I have seen most gas powered yard tools are set so lean that it is difficult to get them to run. Most people get tired of it and take them some place that does those repairs and the carburetor is adjusted and that is that. I suspect it is a way for the manufacturer to pass emissions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook