Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry group project

1. Feb 2, 2005 #1
    Hi everyone:
    I am doing my Chemistry group project right now, it is something about the water quality. And I am in charge of the COD (Chemical oxygen demand) part. The teacher told me that COD contains two parts: concentration (mg/L)and light absorbance rate (A)...something like that (I translated it from Chinese). But I didnt found any related information about the "light absorbance rate" on the internet. Can anyone give me some information about COD?
    Also, can someone tell me how can I get the international standards (or standards of other countries, or organizations such as UN or EU) of water quality (COD, BOD, DO...etc)? Thanks a lot!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2005 #2
    Wow, right above me, I just had a link "Biological oxygen demand", linking to www.polyseed.com. Now my second window has been directed to http://www.interlabsupply.com/, where it says:

Welcome to InterLab Supply, your complete source for BOD testing and home of the "Original" PolySeed

Well, there ye have at least something to start with :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?