1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cherenkov-effect + other EM relativity derivations: sources pls?

1. Jun 17, 2005 #1
    (Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated)

I am looking for good online sources to help me understand relativistic formula's for the equations of Maxwell, and all the stuff that follows from it (like Cherenkov radiation).

I realise that's a pretty vague description, so if there is no general source that deals with all of this, I'm mostly looking for feedback on:

-the constitutive equations for moving media
    -the Cherenkov effect
    -the Fizeau experiment

.. and maybe some background on fourvector calculus, just for checkup (though I have the impression I'll figure it out by myself if I sit myself down for it).

I thank you in advance for your time and effort and enthusiasm too of course.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you don't have what you need in Jackson's book (preferably the latest,III-rd edition),then you can check the free course (and exercises) here

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?