Circuit that reverses the flow of current to a motor

In summary: Your car has a reverse gear, does it also have a forward gear?In summary, your car has a reverse gear which will go backwards when it hits a wall. It needs a storage element to remember if it's in forward or reverse so you would need a circuit with two switches and a latch. The voltage for the motor is not specified but it could be 6V. The car detects when it hits a wall with a reverse gear.
Beembo
Hello, I am building a small car that upon hitting a wall will go backwards, in other words reverse the current flow. I have all the components requiered (resistors 3k and 1k, wires, 6V battery, and an H-bridge, locking button) only thing I do not know is how to connect them all together. If anyone could provide a diagram I would be more than thankful!

Engineering news on Phys.org
What's does "small car" mean? Both a Toyota Corolla and a toy matchbox are small cars.Where did you get a list of components, but not the schematic diagram? That makes no sense.

Likes Averagesupernova
I believe your circuit will need a "storage element" (aka A "Latch", "Flip-Flop" or "bi-stable"). Otherwise when it backs away from the wall and the switch is released it will go forwards into the wall again. It needs to "remember" if it's in forward or reverse.

So I would use a circuit with two switches (one for the front of the car and one for the back) and a latch something like this...

Auto reverse.jpg

Be careful how you connect the output to the bridge. Think about what happens if both buttons are pressed by accident. You don't want both sides of the bridge turning on and shorting out the power supply (even momentarily).

Ah I see you mention a locking button. If you mean a push button switch that stays in when pressed then that could be used instead of a latch but a latch would make it more interesting.

Beembo said:
I have all the components requiered
Do you have a circuit diagram or a link to an article on the subject?
How did you decide what components to buy?
Can you give us a list of part numbers and quantity for the electronic components you have?
I assume your car has an electric motor. What voltage is the motor?
How does the car detect when it hits a wall?

1. How does a circuit reverse the flow of current to a motor?

A circuit can reverse the flow of current to a motor by using a component called a reversing switch. This switch allows the current to flow in either direction, changing the direction of the motor's rotation.

2. What is the purpose of reversing the flow of current to a motor?

Reversing the flow of current to a motor allows the motor to change direction. This is useful in many applications such as controlling the movement of a robot or changing the direction of a conveyor belt.

3. Are there different types of circuits that can reverse the flow of current to a motor?

Yes, there are different types of circuits that can reverse the flow of current to a motor. Some common examples include H-bridge circuits, relay circuits, and motor driver circuits.

4. Can a circuit that reverses the flow of current to a motor be used with any type of motor?

Yes, a circuit that reverses the flow of current can be used with most types of motors, including DC motors, stepper motors, and servo motors. However, it is important to select a circuit that is appropriate for the specific type and size of motor being used.

5. Is it difficult to build a circuit that can reverse the flow of current to a motor?

It depends on your level of experience and knowledge in electronics. Building a simple circuit that can reverse the flow of current to a motor can be relatively easy, but more complex circuits may require a deeper understanding of electronic components and circuit design.