Cleaning Zn sprayed on PP film

• Thread starter jn_b7
  • Start date
Summary
PP film cleaning
Motor run capacitors (air conditioning)?How to clean Zn sprayed on PP film? Try to clean mechanically and cut(trim). Do you have any idea? Can’t use any oil and forbidden to damage surface.
You can see cutted barrier(between 2 windings) on images. Image M10 is sprayed(not cutted sample).
Variants of mechanically cleaning not OK(not fully cleaned).

Attachments

Also i try to do cover from PVC shrinkable tube. I cut a piece of tube 3 mm high(high of barrier).Then sprayed(6 atm pressure plasma spraying). Then remove tube. I recived only outer side without Zn.
So not completly clened too. How to clean 2 sides from Zn????:rolleyes:

Tom.G

Science Advisor
Zinc is dissolved by both Sulfuric and by Hydrochloric acids. The reaction releases Hydrogen gas which is explosive, so take care with plenty of ventilation and no nearby ignition sources. Other acids will also dissolve Zinc but some of the released reaction products are even more dangerous.

Best if you talk to a Chemist regarding what gets left behind and if the residue will be a problem for your application.

Lots of info found with: https://www.google.com/search?&q=dissolve+zinc+in+acid

Cheers,
Tom

Sorry, but chemicls metods is forbidden by EU directives. Also i can damage partially Zn layer.
So may be some mechanical one. I try to clean by metal brush, clean some very liitle but it's very hard...