1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coefficient of friction of a flat belt and of a vee belt

1. Apr 8, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Coefficient of friction of a flat belt and of a vee belt

2. Relevant equations

I know the lap angle, m2, T2, T1/T2 and ln (T1/T2) for the flat belt and lap angle, m2, T2, T1/T2 and ln (T1/T2)

3. The attempt at a solution

I attempted to find it by plotting a graph using the lap angle and ln(t1/t2) but i don't think that is correct

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2015 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello CMC, welcome to PF :smile: !

Could you be a bit more elaborate ? What is the complete problem statement, what variables occur, which ones are known/given, what relevant eqautions do you have in your toolbox, what precisely have you done and why do you think that it isn't correct ?

On all counts you make it very difficult to assist you in a sensible way; please try again. Perhaps read the guidelines, too.

4. Apr 8, 2015 #3

To determine the coefficient of friction of the flat and V belt when used with the steel pulley, and to determine the effect of lap angle on the torque that can be transmitted for a given flat and vee belt drive arrangement.

5. Apr 10, 2015 #4

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Well, what equations do you have available, what is your attempt at solution so far ?
    Is there a textbook, lecture notes, the web ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted