Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
main-qimg-d1d9fe807161ca79a08615a04f2f15de-lq.jpeg
 
phinds said:
Actally, that's a picture of me when I ask for a coke and the waitress asks if Pepsi would be OK.
Every time I tell them 'no it would not be OK'.

Nowadays, I have given up trying and beat them to it by asking for "your house cola".
 
DaveC426913 said:
Non-American here: I assume there's a number on there somewhere that's bigger than a 1? :frown:
:does homework, sees that's Ben Franklin:
It's a $100 bill, a Ben Franklin.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Every time I tell them 'no it would not be OK'.

Nowadays, I have given up trying and beat them to it by asking for "your house cola".
coke vs pepsi.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and Bystander
I keep pressing the F5 key. I find it quite refreshing!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, Ibix, david2 and 2 others
DaveC426913 said:
Non-American here: I assume there's a number on there somewhere that's bigger than a 1? :frown:
:does homework, sees that's Ben Franklin:
That was indeed very annoying when I was in the USA being used to selecting the bills by color and form. And the permanent necessity to squint while driving because all signs were a long text instead of symbols that could be checked by a short glimpse. I am not a fast reader so it was a nightmare, all these lengthy texts.
 
WWGD said:
I'm a Pepsi man myself. I drink it with plenty of ice. Though I have the quirk of still loading the ice in Winter. Not very wise, I admit.
You need a lot of ice to deafen the taste buds. :cool:
 
fresh_42 said:
You need a lot of ice to deafen the taste buds. :cool:
A few times , out of laziness, I drink it without and still enjoy it. Cheap and enjoyable, a great combo.
 
Canadian rock:
My goal over the _Weeknd_ was a boot to Rush downtown and my attempt to Triumph in buying the concert ticket. Eh?
 
WWGD said:
Canadian rock:
My goal over the _Weeknd_ was a boot to Rush downtown and my attempt to Triumph in buying the concert ticket. Eh?
I prefer drinking April Wine with, Guess Who, some Barenaked Ladies. Then again, I am a bit of a Loverboy.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, WWGD and hmmm27
DrClaude said:
I prefer drinking April Wine with, Guess Who, some Barenaked Ladies. Then again, I am a bit of a Loverboy.
And I bet you did it for love, all of it.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
fresh_42 said:
Why does English use a word for such a big thing as antlers, which sounds like tiny little eusocial formicidae aka insects?
Spanish has a word for two people with the same ( first) name: ' Tocayos'. Seems a bit contrived .
 
fresh_42 said:
Why does English use a word for such a big thing as antlers, which sounds like tiny little eusocial formicidae aka insects?
The same reason that the three syllable full-sized term "World Wide Web" is shorter than its nine syllable acronym "Double-you double-you double-you.".
 
fresh_42 said:
Why does English use a word for such a big thing as antlers, which sounds like tiny little eusocial formicidae aka insects?
A mix of Germanic and Latin roots, I think. So it's your fault...
 
fresh_42 said:
Why does English use a word for such a big thing as antlers, which sounds like tiny little eusocial formicidae aka insects?
Not really, me not very social.
 
DaveC426913 said:
The same reason that the three syllable full-sized term "World Wide Web" is shorter than its nine syllable acronym "Double-you double-you double-you.".
Half a dozen...