Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
wrobel said:
View attachment 294146

Text: How to distinguish birds?
bird bird bird bird bird...
Ptak: The bird is the word. There was a politician by the last name ' Pataki'. Wonder if it's of that origin. Or maybe the basketball player Larry Ptak ;).
 
wrobel said:
A person with surname "Ptak" has likely Polish roots
It was ' Pataki', but it seems reasonable to assume it has roots in ' ptak'.
 
WWGD said:
It was ' Pataki', but it seems reasonable to assume it has roots in ' ptak'.
No, it's Hungarian. Means creek.
 
Just
Bandersnatch said:
No, it's Hungarian. Means creek.
An old, maybe stale one:
Just came back from Budapest.
Hung(a)ry?
No, I just ate.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and jack action
WWGD said:
Just
An old, maybe stale one:
Just came back from Budapest.
Hung(a)ry?
No, I just ate.
I remember an illustrated children's book where they flew in a hot air balloon over the dessert. It was covered in giant ice creams and cakes...
 
And don't forget, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards. :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, collinsmark, jack action and 2 others
Borg said:
just desserts
"Just" as in "only?" Or "just" as in "appropriate?" Not that it makes any difference...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg and Ibix
jack action said:
One minute you're young and fun, and the next you're turning down the stereo in your car to see better.
"The soul is born old but grows young. That is the comedy of life. And the body is born young and grows old. That is life's tragedy." (Oscar Wilde)
 
Ibix said:
I remember an illustrated children's book where they flew in a hot air balloon over the dessert. It was covered in giant ice creams and cakes...
\Whoosh.
 
fresh_42 said:
"The soul is born old but grows young. That is the comedy of life. And the body is born young and grows old. That is life's tragedy." (Oscar Wilde)
Except for Ben Button.
 
jack action said:
One minute you're young and fun, and the next you're turning down the stereo in your car to see better.
I never play music in my car -- I like to hear the engine. [Any other revheads here?]

I'd like to think I'm still fun (in the car) though no longer young. (Sane passengers, of course, might leave a mess on the leather.) It's an Audi S5, which I recently upgraded to Stage 1 APR performance enhancement -- now it's as potent as an RS5, for a tiny fraction of the normal price difference. My heart leaps when it gets up to medium revs, and then unexpectedly let's loose with even more oomph before upshifting. That Audi V6TT is an astonishingly good ICE. It's one of only 4 things left in life that still put a smile on my face.

I'm currently debating whether to go the whole hog up to Stage 2, which would put the car into R8 territory. :woot:

[Edit: I just noticed fresh42'sOscar Wilde quote: "The soul is born old but grows young". There seems to be more boy racer in me now than when I was a boy.]
 
WWGD said:
heard on the radio.

"with all the pestilences, crime, murder, poverty, economic collapse, war - what kind of world are we leaving for Keith Richards."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and BillTre
strangerep said:
[Any other revheads here?]

I'd like to think I'm still fun (in the car) though no longer young. (Sane passengers, of course, might leave a mess on the leather.) It's an Audi S5, which I recently upgraded to Stage 1 APR performance enhancement -- now it's as potent as an RS5, for a tiny fraction of the normal price difference. My heart leaps when it gets up to medium revs, and then unexpectedly let's loose with even more oomph before upshifting. That Audi V6TT is an astonishingly good ICE.
I really prefer normally aspirated engines, for their immediate response. The V6 in my old Infiniti was a great engine, but they had to go to variable valve timing to allow it to rev to 8K RPM, just to keep pace with the competition's turbo engines.
I finally went to the dark side with my current car, a Genesis G70. The V6 twin turbo in this car will really push you back in your seat, but I also have to put in a good word for the handling - precise without being twitchy, and tons of grip.
 
WWGD said:
\Whoosh.
Ah, I guess it's a dessert/desert joke. But I did not see how it follows from mine about Budapest which was not even good as a lame joke.
 
Nature abhorred a vacuum.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, collinsmark and BillTre
Ibix said:
Hungry/Hungary, desert/dessert, that's all.
I love me a good Ssahara tart.
 
sandy stone said:
I really prefer normally aspirated engines, for their immediate response.
I used to prefer that too, but not after the tuning upgrade which sharpens the immediate response, even in "efficiency" mode.
sandy stone said:
The V6 in my old Infiniti was a great engine, but they had to go to variable valve timing to allow it to rev to 8K RPM, just to keep pace with the competition's turbo engines.
I owned an Infiniti Q60S before my Audi S5. (The new S5 sportback hadn't yet arrived.)
I found the Q60S could spin its rear wheels a bit too easily in slippery conditions, which the S5 never does, even though it's noticeably more potent than the Infiniti. I decided to trade in the Q60S on an S5 after only a few months of owning the Q60S -- and lost a lot of money doing so, but never regretted it.
 
I remember one stating " The Last Day of Classes will be Canceled".

I hope they didn't program it into the system.
 
You lopped off the punchline...
1639806253051.png
 
  • Like
  • Love
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Rive, jack action, Borg and 4 others