Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #13,091
1658867281475.png

Likes DennisN, dextercioby, pinball1970 and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #13,093
Ibix said:
Related: this, from way earlier in the thread.
One of my professors told a much longer version of that one in class …

• #13,094
Orodruin said:
One of my professors told a much longer version of that one in class …
I heard a longer version from my dad a long time ago, too. According to Wikipedia the first log table was compiled by Briggs in 1617, and I suspect this joke dates to about fifteen minutes after that...

• #13,095
Ibix said:
I heard a longer version from my dad a long time ago, too. According to Wikipedia the first log table was compiled by Briggs in 1617, and I suspect this joke dates to about fifteen minutes after that...
My professor’s version just included logs. A long winded story with Noah repeatedly returning to see how the animals were doing - no baby snakes. He asks the snakes if he can help them and they tell him he can cut down a couple of trees at the edge of the forest. Noah doesn’t want to pry into the personal affairs of snakes so he just does what they say and returns a week later. Sure enough, lots of baby snakes. Now Noah’s curiosity gets the better of him so he asks why the snakes needed him to cut down the trees, receiving the answer:
- You know, we are adders, we need logs to multiply.

Likes berkeman and BillTre
  • #13,096
Speaking of insects:
1658872236848.png

• Haha
Likes pinball1970, berkeman and BillTre
  • #13,097
20220726_213407.jpg

• Haha
Likes dextercioby, berkeman, pinball1970 and 1 other person
  • #13,098
20220726_213424.jpg

• Haha
Likes pinball1970
  • #13,099
Orodruin said:
A long winded story with Noah repeatedly returning to see how the animals were doing - no baby snakes. He asks the snakes if he can help them
That sounds like my dad's version, and it can be spun out indefinitely by describing Noah chatting with the animals. But in this version the snakes complain about a lack of privacy for... you know, and nowhere to raise the little ones. So Noah chops down a tree and builds them a small cabin and some furniture, and when he comes back the next time he's knee-deep in baby snakes because adders can multiply if they have log tables.

• Haha
Likes BillTre and ergospherical
  • #13,100
I actually had to stop and think about this one
1658889287237.png

• Haha
  • Love
Likes dextercioby, berkeman, Borg and 3 others
  • #13,101
My school magazine once had a list of excuses for not handing in your homework, allegedly tested on various teachers known to have a sense of humour. The only one that they claimed had worked was "I'd just finished my homework when terrorists burst into the house and demanded I hand over my homework or my sister. Naturally I gave them the little brat, but while I was distracted the dog ate my homework."

• Haha
Likes phinds, jack action, berkeman and 3 others
  • #13,102
  • Haha
Likes Ibix and pinball1970
  • #13,103
phinds said:
View attachment 304843
I got there in the end

• #13,104
phinds said:
Well, since phinds is, well, a dog, and he often sends the Mentors reports about misplaced homework threads (including Mentor fresh_42), my mind went somewhere else at first.

But I got there in the end too. :smile:

• Haha
Likes phinds
  • #13,105
berkeman said:
Well, since phinds is, well, a dog, and he often sends the Mentors reports about misplaced homework threads (including Mentor fresh_42), my mind went somewhere else at first.

But I got there in the end too. :smile:
Ît is far more likely that my goat 🐐 eats homework than any dog! :cool:

• #13,106
20220729_025143.jpg

• Haha
Likes strangerep and dextercioby
  • #13,107
1659097852240.png

Yes, why? What could possibly go wrong?

• Love
  • Haha
Likes BillTre, Ibix, DennisN and 1 other person
  • #13,108
Early joy killing:

FB_IMG_1658717467619.jpg

• Haha
Likes Ibix, WWGD, jack action and 2 others
  • #13,109
DennisN said:
Early joy killing:

View attachment 305059
McCoy: The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe. [ST-IV, The Voyage Home]

Likes DennisN and Bystander
  • #13,110
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 7.00.51 AM.png

• Haha
Likes WWGD, Wrichik Basu, phinds and 4 others
  • #13,112
Bystander said:
Huh?
Hillbilly gate latch and lock...

Likes phinds, DennisN and BillTre
  • #13,113
Bystander said:
Huh?
Alternative locking system.

• #13,114
BillTre said:
Alternative locking system.
But why is it funny? It makes perfect sense to me.

Likes Wrichik Basu, Filip Larsen, berkeman and 1 other person
  • #13,115
My grandma always said: "You can be stupid, you just have to know how to help yourself."

Likes Ibix and BillTre
  • #13,116
fresh_42 said:
That's because your analytical mind goes straight to the topological considerations of the geometry... :wink:

• Haha
Likes pinball1970, Wrichik Basu, DennisN and 1 other person
  • #13,117
berkeman said:
That's because your analytical mind goes straight to the topological considerations of the geometry... :wink:
And my second thought was that the shadows might harbor a joke, but I couldn't find one either.

Likes Bystander
  • #13,118
"Next."

• #13,119
Bystander said:
"Next."
Okie dokie...

1659198303706.png

https://www.demilked.com/funny-redneck-engineering/

• Haha
Likes DrClaude, WWGD, Wrichik Basu and 5 others
  • #13,120
They tried everything, but there was no alternative to Huskeys:

Nd9GcTjYqkAmHpb46eX-mlwVfPHuR76J7aqdA6WaQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Likes Ibix
  • #13,121
berkeman said:
Okie dokie...

View attachment 305064
https://www.demilked.com/funny-redneck-engineering/
fresh_42 said:
They tried everything, but there was no alternative to Huskeys:

View attachment 305065
"Snakes don't really die until sunset, but c'mon, guys, the HORSE stopped twitching three posts back..."

• #13,122
BillTre said:
When the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems look like a nail. But when the only tool you have is a spanner it appears there's a bit of wiggle room in problem solving...

• Haha
Likes BillTre
  • #13,123
fresh_42 said:
At risk of further flogging that dead horse, I actually spent a few minutes thinking about the answer to this. I have read (I think in The Naked Jape by Jimmy Carr and Lucy Greeves) that most humour seems to work on a "two stories" model. So even a groaner like "what do you do if you see a spaceman? Park in it, man!" has two stories - one about meeting an alien and one about parking a car - and the humour comes from being forced to re-evaluate which story you're looking at.

The stories in that picture are "what on Earth are they doing with that spanner?!" and "ingenious solution to a problem with (presumably) limited resources". If you miss out either of those reactions it isn't funny. I saw the spanner and the padlock, but it took me a second or two to mentally shove the spanner left and right and work out that it does work, and the chuckle came then.

Jimmy Carr also commented that he'd heard analysing jokes as being like dissecting a frog: nobody's that interested and the frog dies. So I'll shut up now. 😁

Likes Bystander and BillTre
  • #13,124
1659215998466.png

• Haha
Likes Wrichik Basu, DennisN, pinball1970 and 3 others
  • #13,125
20220730_202515.jpg

• Haha
Likes strangerep, Wrichik Basu and DennisN