Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 5,629
- 1,778
Huh?BillTre said:
Huh?BillTre said:
But why is it funny? It makes perfect sense to me.BillTre said:Alternative locking system.
And my second thought was that the shadows might harbor a joke, but I couldn't find one either.berkeman said:That's because your analytical mind goes straight to the topological considerations of the geometry...![]()
berkeman said:
"Snakes don't really die until sunset, but c'mon, guys, the HORSE stopped twitching three posts back..."fresh_42 said:
When the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems look like a nail. But when the only tool you have is a spanner it appears there's a bit of wiggle room in problem solving...BillTre said:
At risk of further flogging that dead horse, I actually spent a few minutes thinking about the answer to this. I have read (I think in The Naked Jape by Jimmy Carr and Lucy Greeves) that most humour seems to work on a "two stories" model. So even a groaner like "what do you do if you see a spaceman? Park in it, man!" has two stories - one about meeting an alien and one about parking a car - and the humour comes from being forced to re-evaluate which story you're looking at.fresh_42 said:But why is it funny? It makes perfect sense to me.
I could add to that but I won't. I think you summed things up quite well.phinds said:
Now remake that map taking into account that you can only walk on land and that some land is not suitable for walking …fresh_42 said:
phinds said: