Conclusion for seeing the infinitely small

In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of observing the infinitely small through microscopes and the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). By understanding the smallest particles such as quarks, we can gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental building blocks of matter and our universe. This can lead to answering fundamental questions about the universe and its workings.
jimmypantspants
I need to write a conclusion for a presentation I'm doing on "Seeing the infinitely small" (translation from french), which is basically about microscopes and the LHC, how to observe the different levels of small and all that... What can I write to answer, "why are we trying to observe the infinitely small ?" I wrote something about understanding our universe and all that but can't i write something about how quarks can lead to the answers of fundamental questions etc.. .? It's in french by the way so just bullet points, no need to write a whole paragraph
Idk if this is the correct place for this but thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to fully understand something, you have to understand its pieces first. To find the fundamental building blocks of matter, or of our universe in general, you have to look at the smallest things. Quarks are among the smallest particles we can observe.
The matter around us is made out of quarks, electrons and their interactions.

mfb said:
If you want to fully understand something, you have to understand its pieces first. To find the fundamental building blocks of matter, or of our universe in general, you have to look at the smallest things. Quarks are among the smallest particles we can observe.
The matter around us is made out of quarks, electrons and their interactions.
cheers mate, this answer helped me a lot :)

1. What does it mean to see the infinitely small?

Seeing the infinitely small refers to the ability to observe and study objects or phenomena that are extremely small in size, often beyond the limits of human perception. This can include subatomic particles, microscopic organisms, and other structures that are too small to be seen with the naked eye.

2. How is it possible to see the infinitely small?

The ability to see the infinitely small is made possible by advancements in technology, such as microscopes and other instruments that use specialized lenses and techniques to magnify and visualize tiny objects. Scientists also use mathematical models and simulations to study these small-scale phenomena.

3. Why is it important to study the infinitely small?

Studying the infinitely small is crucial to understanding the fundamental building blocks of our world and how they interact with each other. It also helps scientists develop new technologies and treatments for diseases, as well as improve our understanding of complex systems and processes.

4. What are some examples of things that are considered infinitely small?

Some examples of things that are considered infinitely small include atoms, electrons, protons, and neutrons, which make up all matter. Other examples include cells, viruses, and bacteria, which are essential to life but cannot be seen without the aid of a microscope.

5. What are the limitations of seeing the infinitely small?

While technology has greatly advanced our ability to see the infinitely small, there are still limits to what we can observe and study. Some phenomena, such as quantum effects, are still not fully understood and cannot be directly observed. Additionally, the act of observing can sometimes alter the behavior of these small-scale objects, making it challenging to get a complete understanding of their properties.