Construction are or aren't able to hold? (tutorial)

In summary, the conversation is about finding tutorials for the mechanics of materials, specifically for the solidity and strength of materials aspects. The person has searched on Google and Yahoo but couldn't find the specific tutorials they were looking for. They then asked for help on IRC and provided links to examples of tasks they need help with. The conversation also mentions a book and a tutorial that the person has found, but they are looking for more resources.
Andreii
Constructions are or aren't able to hold? (tutorial)

Hi everyone

I have searched on google already and also on yahoo but couldn't find the tutorials which I am searching for, they are for mechanic - solidity (machine design of mechanical engineering - how much, what dimensions of specific profile, can the thing hold so it won't pull down or pluck from the wall). I asked a few people on irc and I also noticed that people don't know what do I mean with '' solidity ''. Its not the basic mechanic (beams, interior reactions in x, y and z axis, diagrams of reactions,...) but it has those reactions included. The examples of solidity are here (if you could, please take a look at pictures only because text is in ''my'' language and i will translate the text, first and second link has correctly solved tasked at the bottom of the file):
First link (tasks are in the downer part of pdf file): http://www.fs.uni-lj.si/lnms/slo/tm1/rezult_kol/tmkol08rez-200406.pdf
Second link (tasks are in the downer part of pdf file):
http://www.fs.uni-lj.si/lnms/slo/tm1/rezult_kol/tmkol09rez-050606.pdf
Third link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Andreii/P7240001.jpg

Translating:

First link:

Task 1.: In the groove, we put squared figure as the picture shows. For how much degree (temperature) do we have to warm squared figure, so pressure tension in x-axis will be 100 MPa? Presume that force will equally distribute on the upper surface

Task 2.: Stiffed surface is assisted with little beam and hanged up on two the same rods with full circled cut sets. How much does diameter of rods have to be, so when force F is used, tensions in rods won't exceed limited tension (which is in this example 191 MPa). Presume that you overlook friction and rod's own weight.

Task 3.: Bearer which consist of standard hot-rolled profile 80x80x10 and bearer (which has squared cut set), is burdened as the picture shows. Figure out, if is this construction able to hold this force (max tension which can be still holded is 350 MPa).

Second link:

Task 1.: How big steeled (material: steel!) standard hot-rolled I-profil do we have to choose, that droop (as known as sag) at the end of field (q) won't be more than 2 mm? Are we able to use the same profile for vertical rod? Presume that you overlook rod's own weight.

Task 2.: How big squared tube holds the torsion burdening which is 200 MPa? Presume that you overlook tube's own weight.

Task 3.: Check if this construction is able to hold the burdening which is 125 MPa. Presume that you overlook all interior reactions and construction's own weight.

Third link:

Task 1.: The cut set of bearer which is showed on the picture, consist of standard steeled (material: steel) hot-rolled profile U160. What force F has to be, so droop (sag) in the middle (middle !) of construction will be 3 mm? What are in this time the biggest tensions and where (location of bearer) are they? Presume that you overlook bearer's own weight and vertical interior reactions.

Task 2.: How big thing (not by mass but by dimensions which obviously has its own mass too) can we hang up on the system of rods so it won't exceed the max tension which is 120 MPa? Cut set of both rods is steeled (material: steel) hot-rolled profile 80x80x8. Bended safety (Euler method) is is 2.5.

Task 3.: On the bearer, which has full circled cut set, iis welded surface and on this surface, we give a force F as the picture shows. How big (by dimensions) cut set do we have to choose, so it will still hold the tension 100 MPa? Do NOT overlook interior forces but presume that you overlook bearer's own weight.

-------

Here I just showed some examples of taskes, to say what do I mean with '' solidity '' part of mechanic. I could directly show translated taskes (I would have to translate them also) but I also wanted to show correctly figured out steps of 6 out of 9 taskes. I would like to please, if anyone knows, are there any good tutorials for this part of mechanic? As I already said, I searched on google.com, also on yahoo.com but couldn't find them and i need some explanations from tutorials since my book, which I have, isn't good enough.

Thank you for any answer.

Andreii

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I think those examples of tasks could be called as '' Strength of materials '' too. I found one book in pdf file and one tutorial.

This falls under mechanics of materials. The first and second links you have are beam analysis which includes basic statics. The third link looks like just statics problems. Do searches on those topics and you'll find more.

What is construction?

Construction is the process of building or assembling structures, typically using materials such as wood, concrete, or steel.

What factors affect a construction's ability to hold?

Some factors that can affect a construction's ability to hold include the materials used, the design and structural integrity of the construction, and external forces such as weather conditions or earthquakes.

How can I determine if a construction is able to hold?

There are various methods for determining the ability of a construction to hold, including conducting structural analysis, testing the materials used, and ensuring that the construction meets building codes and regulations.

What are some common types of construction that are able to hold?

Common types of construction that are able to hold include high-rise buildings, bridges, dams, and tunnels. These structures are typically designed and built with careful consideration of their structural integrity.

What should I do if I have concerns about a construction's ability to hold?

If you have concerns about a construction's ability to hold, it is important to consult a professional engineer or construction expert. They can assess the structure and provide recommendations for any necessary repairs or modifications.