Cool New Buttons - Kinky Eye-Bringers

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool
In summary: I?Is this a joke? :confused: :uhh:THE KING IS NOT WEARING ANY CLOTHES! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:^ So you seriously didn't notice that the buttons changed to bright green? I'm confused. Or maybe you were just pulling Smurf's leg. Bah...^ So you seriously didn't notice that the buttons changed to bright green? I'm confused. Or maybe you were just pulling Smurf's leg. Bah...
Tsu said:
this exam doesn't involve sticking things into a butt, franz - so you probably wouldn't be interested... :smile: :smile: :smile:

Shucks, and you had gotten my hopes up and all. :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
mattmns said:
OMG, thank you whoever it was who said to hit refresh, you were right. I see them now. Moonbear, hit ctrl+shift+r for firefox, I think it is the same for ie, and other browsers; this will refresh and override the cache.

I use Safari. As I said, I HAVE hit refresh. But from the description, I'm not about to go clearing the cache now. I think I'd like to avoid hideous clashing colors as long as I can! I think I'll wait until Greg's done with the makeover before I subject myself to that. I already have a headache today and don't need to worsen it.

Moonbear said:
I use Safari. As I said, I HAVE hit refresh. But from the description, I'm not about to go clearing the cache now. I think I'd like to avoid hideous clashing colors as long as I can! I think I'll wait until Greg's done with the makeover before I subject myself to that. I already have a headache today and don't need to worsen it.
Well hitting Refresh will not do anything!

You do not need to delete the cache, I think, I am not sure about safari. What ctrl+shift+r does in firefox, is refresh and override the cache. It is not a normal refresh.

What I did not say in my other post was that hitting refresh did not work; however, hearing that idea led to the thought of refreshing while overriding the cache, which did work.

Moonbear said:
Mine are still blue! :cry: Greg left me out! It's like choosing teams all over again, I'm always the last picked!

Funny you should mention that, because we're getting a game of PF Dodgeball going. Mentors are team captains. When you see green buttons, it means that you were picked.

Tom Mattson said:
Funny you should mention that, because we're getting a game of PF Dodgeball going. Mentors are team captains. When you see green buttons, it means that you were picked.

:smile: I finally got picked! But I had to switch computers. Hmm..and I always thought my laptop was the more popular of my two computers and this old desktop in the office was rather slow.

Now I know I'm going to go to great lengths not to clear the cache on my laptop. (I guess that will probably last until Monday when I usually run software update...my luck is there will be a Safari update that does something to force me to look at the green). I hope Greg doesn't have any aspirations to become an interior decorator! I think he needs a woman's touch to help with the color coordination around here. :biggrin:

I can see it now... Moonbear has been selected to redesign the buttons. All of a sudden we see little Moonbear pictures wrapped in a lovely pick ribbon to post reply and Moonbear hugging a little puppy to quote... :smile: then for the edit button - a picture of Moonbear holding a box of broken cookies (or may an electroejaculator! :smile:) :smile: :smile: :smile:

All I can say is, if - within this 'picking' of Dodgeball Teams - the Sisterhood is not on the same team, there's going to be TROUBLE! :biggrin:

Tsu said:
All I can say is, if - within this 'picking' of Dodgeball Teams - the Sisterhood is not on the same team, there's going to be TROUBLE! :biggrin:

Oh, maybe that's why it took so long. Evo just picked the other sisters first, and since the rules always require selecting boy/girl/boy/girl, it just took a little while before she could get all the sisters onto the team. Now I don't feel so bad anymore. Thanks Tsu. :approve:

Tsu said:
I can see it now... Moonbear has been selected to redesign the buttons. All of a sudden we see little Moonbear pictures wrapped in a lovely pick ribbon to post reply and Moonbear hugging a little puppy to quote... :smile: then for the edit button - a picture of Moonbear holding a box of broken cookies (or may an electroejaculator! :smile:) :smile: :smile: :smile:

:smile: I think the electroejaculator should replace the exclamation mark (or whatever that is) for reporting a bad post. Rest assured, I wouldn't decorate with pink ribbon (shhhh...don't tell tribdog, but I really don't like pink). Though, paw prints might work for "edit" (there's a loose association of "cleaning up" for both of those). Even a different shade of green would work, more like a sea green, or any muted green - something with a bluish-gray hint to it.

I do like the little beakers on the posts though. Those are cute.

Edit: I just figured it out...Gokul is Greg's favorite! I always suspected, but now we know. Those green buttons match Gokul's ribbon. Now he's all color-coordinated. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
: (shhhh...don't tell tribdog, but I don't like pink)
(your secret's safe with me)

Moonbear said:
Edit: I just figured it out...Gokul is Greg's favorite! I always suspected, but now we know. Those green buttons match Gokul's ribbon. Now he's all color-coordinated. :biggrin:

Yeah right ! Now everyone's going to think I'm some kind of glorified "reply" button ! It's even hard to tell I'm there anymore...perfect camouflage ! Methinks Greg just wanted to hide me among the greenery.

Moonbear, you're not alone in the delayed observation of the greenies. I didn't see them this morning when people were talking about them - that was from my home computer. Now, at school, I see it all.

franznietzsche said:
Shucks, and you had gotten my hopes up and all. :cry:

Aww... I'm sorry! :cry: Let's give it a try anyway. I've often been known for my imaginative methods of obtaining the impossible... :wink: :biggrin:

These buttons look a lot like Flash-generated buttons... but they are not flash buttons... they are .gifs. How strange. The color contrast is striking... really doesn't fit at all.

Green buttons are starting to appear on my home computer! :eek: The quote buttons haven't changed yet, but the new thread button just appeared in green. Weird that it's happening in stages.

The process of assimilation is starting to affect moonbear. It won't be long before our secret lair is fully operational and then we will export our secret plot to the rest of the world.
Muhahahahaha

Green Power!

"ctrl+shift+r" turned my buttons green. Thanks matt ! :biggrin:

Now if only people would stop staring at my shirt...

Gokul43201 said:
"ctrl+shift+r" turned my buttons green. Thanks matt ! :biggrin:

Now if only people would stop staring at my shirt...

:smile: When I first read this thread last night, and had no idea what buttons anyone was talking about, I was starting to think that's what Smurf meant, something he was going to wear to school today with crazy buttons on it. :-p

It's still strange that half the green things have appeared (on each forum's main page, the new formatting is there, but not when I read or reply to threads).

Gokul, it must be because we're in Ohio. Progress is slow to reach this state. :biggrin:

Let's ask them to make them PURPLE! :biggrin:

Moonbear's theory that she got to keep blue buttons as a contributor perk was funny! Sheesh! If they were going to introduce contributor perks, why not actually give the contributors some improvements, instead of doing the opposite to everybody else! :smile:

I also agree with her assessment on the buttons. They're quite hideous.

(*Waits to be smited by Greg Bernhardt*)

cepheid said:
Moonbear's theory that she got to keep blue buttons as a contributor perk was funny! Sheesh! If they were going to introduce contributor perks, why not actually give the contributors some improvements, instead of doing the opposite to everybody else! :smile:

I also agree with her assessment on the buttons. They're quite hideous.

(*Waits to be smited by Greg Bernhardt*)

I like them actually. Make me think of sour apple jolly ranchers.

coughsuckupcough

franznietzsche said:
I like them actually. Make me think of sour apple jolly ranchers.
GAAAAK!11

Although...hmmm... So I'm wondering... same color as a Green Apple Martini?...
NAH!11 :smile: :smile:

I say - let's talk 'em into makin' 'em PURPLE!111 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Or BLACK with WHITE (writing) - like a nun's habit!111 :smile:

OK. Let's face it. Life must not be too bad if we have time to gripe about the color of our forum buttons... YA?? :rolleyes: :smile:

Tsu said:
Or BLACK with WHITE (writing) - like a nun's habit!111 :smile:

OK. Let's face it. Life must not be too bad if we have time to gripe about the color of our forum buttons... YA?? :rolleyes: :smile:

:smile: Purple is good. Jolly Rancher green is rather disturbing. And they've taken over my laptop too! I guess I couldn't avoid it forever. Well, at least we shouldn't have any problems with new people saying they don't know how to quote. No way you could miss that button now! :biggrin:

This thread has been active for a while and we still haven't gotten a clear answer regarding the enigmatic new buttons.

This is the perfect time to create evil conspiracy theories regarding those mysterious buttons. My conspiracy theory? They will slowly shift the entire site to this bright color. Still trying to formulate a motive...

motai said:
This thread has been active for a while and we still haven't gotten a clear answer regarding the enigmatic new buttons.

This is the perfect time to create evil conspiracy theories regarding those mysterious buttons. My conspiracy theory? They will slowly shift the entire site to this bright color. Still trying to formulate a motive...

Oh, there's a serious answer in feedback. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=61634

...but don't let this stop you from creating wild conspiracy theories. :biggrin: We already have two theories. Mine is that it's to help Gokul color coordinate with the site, and Gokul's is that it's so we don't see him camouflaged amongst all the greenery.

Last edited:
cepheid said:
^ So you seriously didn't notice that the buttons changed to bright green? I'm confused. Or maybe you were just pulling Smurf's leg. Bah...

I noticed them right away! And, why is the quick reply button still blue?