Copper fins coil with out pipe

In summary, the person is looking for copper fins that are like a coil or slinky, and those fins need to be about 2 to 3" OD and 3/4 to 1" ID. They are not sure if what they are looking for is possible on a non-custom basis, but they are thinking of buying a few tons of old car radiators and trying to separate the fins from the cores. The person thinks that a round slinky shaped fin might work, but it needs to be thicker than paper. They will have to learn how to make the molds and also get a kiln.
MIKESMIND
I am looking for copper fins the same as would be on a heating pipe.
the fins need to be like a coil or slinky. If you have ever used or know
who makes them please let me know. I am working on an invention
and this is one of the parts i need. 2 to 3" OD and 3/4 to 1" ID

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not sure that what you want is possible on a non-custom basis. The best that I can think of right now is to collect some old car radiators and try to separate the fins from the cores. Whether or not that is possible is up to your skills and facilities.

These are made by many places in china. I would have to buy a few tons of them and drill out the core pipe. Someone in north america must make them.
ps I am looking for round slinky shaped not a folded foil like in a car
think of it like this
drill a 1" hole down the center of a 4" wide by 24" long round copper bar
then cut from center to the outside a sheet down the whole run of the bar
it will look like a wide slinky

Now I understand what you want. Thanks for the clarification.
I have a bit of an idea, but it sounds stupid even to me. I'll mention it, but I fully expect to get laughed at by everyone who reads it.
If you can get your mitts on a long strip of copper (very thin plate or very thick foil), you could twist it into a helix the way that you would twist a crepe paper ribbon to hang up for a party. Then compress the helix like an accordion and drill a hole through all of the layers. Maybe it would be what you want when it's decompressed?
I'll think on it further, but it's going to take a lot more beer.

Not a bad idea but I need it thicker then paper. I may have to go with a mold and get a kiln to melt the copper and let it flow into the mold

Believe it or not, that was going to be my next suggestion. I didn't know if you had melting capabilities, though.

I don't have a kiln yet and I will have to learn how to make the molds as well

Related to Copper fins coil with out pipe

1. What is a copper fins coil without pipe?

A copper fins coil without pipe is a type of heat exchanger that consists of a series of copper fins attached to a flat copper tube. This design allows for efficient heat transfer without the need for traditional pipes.

2. How does a copper fins coil without pipe work?

The copper fins on the coil act as heat exchange surfaces, absorbing heat from one fluid and transferring it to another. The flat copper tube allows for a larger surface area, increasing the efficiency of heat transfer.

3. What are the benefits of using a copper fins coil without pipe?

Some of the benefits of using a copper fins coil without pipe include increased efficiency, reduced pressure drop, and lower maintenance costs. The design also allows for a compact and lightweight unit, making it suitable for a variety of applications.

4. What are some common applications for a copper fins coil without pipe?

Copper fins coils without pipe are commonly used in HVAC systems, refrigeration, and heat pump systems. They are also used in industrial processes such as oil and gas production, chemical processing, and power generation.

5. How do you maintain a copper fins coil without pipe?

Maintenance for a copper fins coil without pipe usually involves regular cleaning to prevent any build-up of residue or contaminants on the fins. It is also important to check for any damage or corrosion and make repairs as needed. Regular maintenance will help ensure the longevity and efficiency of the coil.