Is 24.01 the Correct Answer for the Static Friction Problem?

• Thread starter Bacheeseafg
  • Start date
In summary, the expert is able to provide detailed instructions on how to solve a homework problem, but suggests trying to solve it on your own first. The amount of time it takes to help with the problem depends on complexity and availability. The expert cannot guarantee the correct answer, but can guide through the problem. They may not be able to help with all types of problems, but will do their best within their field of expertise. There is no expectation of repayment, but a thank you or positive feedback is appreciated.
Bacheeseafg
http://imgur.com/bayjp I just need some clarification, the answer I got was 24.01, because the box is not moving, meaning a = 0, therefore 0 = Fa - Ff, I know Ff = (Mew x Fn), Mew = 0.245 and Fn = 98N, (I did 1 FBD of the sum of all masses). Meaning 0 = Fa - (0.245 x 98) and I just rearranged the question to get my answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
What did your free body diagram look like?
(Arn't there two friction forces?)

1. Can you provide step-by-step instructions on how to solve my homework problem?

Yes, I can provide detailed instructions on how to solve your homework problem. However, it would be more beneficial for you to try solving it on your own first and then asking for clarification on specific steps if needed.

2. How long will it take for you to help me with my homework problem?

The amount of time it takes for me to help you with your homework problem depends on the complexity of the problem and my availability. I will try my best to assist you in a timely manner, but please understand that it may take some time to fully explain and understand the problem.

3. Can you guarantee that I will get the correct answer if you help me with my homework problem?

I cannot guarantee that you will get the correct answer, as it ultimately depends on your understanding and application of the concepts. However, I can guide you through the problem and help you understand the steps to reach the solution.

4. Are you able to help me with any type of homework problem?

I am a scientist with knowledge in a specific field of study, so I may not be able to help with all types of homework problems. However, I will do my best to assist you with the problem within my area of expertise.

5. How can I repay you for helping me with my homework problem?

You do not need to repay me for helping you with your homework problem. It is my pleasure to share my knowledge and assist you in understanding the material. However, if you feel inclined to show your gratitude, a simple thank you or positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.