Crank That Sigma Boy: A Math Parody

In summary, the conversation discusses a parody of the song "Crank That Soulja Boy" and the negative impacts of rap culture, such as glorifying gang activity, promoting illiteracy, and demeaning women. Some participants express their dislike for rap, while others argue that not all rap artists promote these negative themes and suggest listening to other artists like Mos Def, KRS-1, and Common. The conversation also touches on the issue of the lack of education and resources in inner city neighborhoods and how rap may not be an effective way to address these problems.
Please, don't put words into my mouth.

I think your acting very immature right now.

Im not going to defend every aspect of rap on a physics forums. If you really care about it that much, write a letter to some rappers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok, scratch the "nerdy white kid" part and you get damn near exactly what you said. Maturity, mature people would not only attack others but actually state there point of view on the subject.

binzing said:
Ok, scratch the "nerdy white kid" part and you get damn near exactly what you said. Maturity, mature people would not only attack others but actually state there point of view on the subject.

I never said anything about your race. Not even close. On your second point your exactly right. You should take your own advice.

WTF do you expect Cyrus, its on Youtube? Yeah I know I don't know every minute detail of rap as well as your all-knowingness, but I know enough to have my opinion, one that is supported by many other people. So what is your stand? That drugs, gang violence, and the promotion of illiteracy (see spellings of "artists" names and "song" lyrics) are good, oh also the demeaning of women?

Seriously bro, what the hell do you have against me every time you post these days? I don't post nasty stuff like this at you. You're a smart guy, don't post things like this.

Hence me saying to scratch the white and nerdy part! Comprehensions skills anyone?
"On your second point your exactly right. You should take your own advice." Umm, what do you call explaining myself and my point of view?

I have nothing against you, only the fact that you never seem to take a step back and consider that maybe YOU are wrong.

I did not make a generalization, YOU did.

A rapper is not a politician. His or her job is not to sing about going to college. Music is an expression, and for them its an expression of the hardship of their situation. Why would a guy rap about going to college and becoming a professional if he did not have the chance to do that?

But, you won't state what you think of the downside of rap.

The downside of rap is when children listen to it. Go to any club that plays rap music (most all do), you don't see guys walking up to women and saying 'hey *****, hows it going you ho?' 'lets go shoot some people and sell drugs on the street'. Do you think people sell drugs because they hear about it in rap? Or do you REALLY think they sell drugs becuase their parents have no money, and they live in a tough neighborhood and know they won't be going to college, so the only way to make a better life is to sell drugs. Here is another hint for you, most of these kids live in poor places, and attend terrible public schools. It does not take much to see why people would rap about these kinds of things.

Also, there are plenty of songs about doing tons of drugs that are rock or alternative. But I am not going to generalize those songs to all of rock and alternative, now am I?

Last edited:
You guys are just hating. I'm cranking those triple sigma boys right now. Taking n to infinity over bounds that form a trinity.

That was pretty awesome. I wish some teachers would teach like that to make it fun. I love math to begin with though :)

I don't like rap, either. Even aside from that, their choreography was subpar and they had no sense of style.

Now, this girl can make a Big Bang.