Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Creating equations sheet

1. Oct 16, 2008 #1
    For one of my engineering class we are allowed to have one sheet of equations. Does anyone know where i can get a word or excel template that can help me orgainze my equations as one would do by hand (i.e. little boxes with titles all over the sheet)
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2008 #2
    you could use latex, or word 2007
  4. Oct 17, 2008 #3

Homework Helper

He means to say he wants a template which has boxes all over the document since the helpsheet has to be hand-written, rather than software for writing the equations themselves Problem is I don't think there are any such templates around, largely because no one one knows in advance how much space you'll devote to writing a group of related formulae with explanatory notes.

You could use Word to draw text boxes if you want to. The best way to do it is to write it out by hand first so that you'll have a good idea of how much space you'll need for each group of formulae as well as how the layout would be structured. Then draw the boxes in Word. Just draw one box, copy and paste it repeatedly, taking care to resize them if necessary.
  5. Oct 17, 2008 #4
    Ok thanks I will try that out. I have the powerpoint slides from the class and rather then writing them out by hand i just wanted to copy and past them. Thanks for the hint, and yes i am using word 2007. Oh and if you are wondering I am taking a powder metallurgy class
  6. Oct 17, 2008 #5

Homework Helper

Oh I guess I misread. I thought you were creating a cheatsheet which your lecturer allows you to take into the exam hall. You're doing this for your own reference, right? So yeah Word 2007 is the way to go if you don't want to go to the extent of learning Latex.
  7. Oct 17, 2008 #6
    Actually yes it is a cheat that the professor said we can use in class. I will look up latex, i have never used it before but have heard its good equations and what not
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?