Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current in the circuit

1. May 23, 2015 #1
    hello,
    while making a circuit ( uploaded pic) ,the specifications of leds are 50mA/2V, i found the current ( ID )just before the leds to be around 180mA. i just want to know how to determine the currents in the circuit at various points( IA, IB , IC, ID). in general i want to know how to determine how a circuit draws current . do we have to take care of only voltage speciafications, voltage drops only and it will draw current automatically? just confused with the current calculations in this circuit. i hope if this will be cleared then it will help a lot in all others:) must respond.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      47.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      47.3 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2015 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to PF;
    The circuit powered from a voltage source will draw a current automatically (up to the limits of the equipment)... potential difference and current are related.
    Typically you would model the real-life circuit as a circuit of ideal components - for this you need to know the equivalent impedences of the real components and how to model them as ideal components. How far you take it depends on how much detail you need.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook