1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Describe forces on a test charge in electromagnetism

1. Oct 22, 2005 #1
    I'm completely clueless with these statements. I watched a video on this, but all it said is that it was "complex" which didn't explain it much. If someone would possibly help me that would be great.. and appreciated! Thank you.

A. Describe the force "felt" by the test charge as it is brought near another positive charge.

B. Describe the force "felt" by the test charge as it is brought near a negative charge.

C. Describe the force "felt" by the test charge as it is brought near a combination of other charges

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2005 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am not sure how to help you. Do you not understand the use of "felt" here?

Tell us what you know of how forces between objects with different charges act.

4. Oct 22, 2005 #3
    I understand just about everything relating to forces, but I'm not exactly sure what they mean by "felt"... the video just said it was a feeling of comlex which didn't make much sense to me. Thank you though for replying.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?