How can I control a single pin with electromagnetics?

In summary, an electrical engineering undergraduate student is researching how to control a single pin with electromagnetics. If this is an easy way of doing it suggestions needed are what, how can I start controling that 1 pin in order to move upward or downward.
ISU20CpreE
Hello i am an Electrical Engineering undergraduate student at Iowa State University.
My purpose here in this thread is to ask anybody interested in my idea, I am asking an educated contribution on how to control a single pin with electromagnetic waves.

Lets go by parts, the model i am trying to research is a 1x1 meter square that has 40,000 pins set every 0.5cm to each other. This makes the surface area of the square an array of symmetrical positioned pins. The part i am researching is how to control 1 pin with electromagnetics. If this is an easy way of doing it suggestions needed are what, how can I start controling that 1 pin in order to move upward or downward. Is electromagnetics a good start or perhaps I should move on to some other control method?

Thank you for your interest in this topic dear reader I wish I can read some really valuable questions in the morning and hopefully read some new ideas to do this.

Once I have controlled one pin I can control 2 and so on, the idea is simple but challenging.

Once again thank you for your time dear reader.

PS: I am going to rest ill check post first hour in the morning.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can simply wrap a coil around each pin and power each coil individually to move each pin independantly - but I'm guessing that isn't what you were planing!

If you are planning some sort of remote electromagnetic field focussed on each pin in turn and just moving a single pin without disturbing it's neighbours - tricky.

mgb_phys said:
You can simply wrap a coil around each pin and power each coil individually to move each pin independantly - but I'm guessing that isn't what you were planing!

If you are planning some sort of remote electromagnetic field focussed on each pin in turn and just moving a single pin without disturbing it's neighbors - tricky.

Yes indeed that's exactly what I mean how to insulate them to avoid stimulation from their neighbors. The part I was thinking is powering each pin with water or air controlled by a valve, but please if you have any idea to give me a start on this project will be really satisfying.

Well, if you had a good CO2 laser, you could design a optical position controller and blast the pin.:biggrin:

What is "Design Idea Contribution"?

"Design Idea Contribution" refers to the process of generating and sharing new ideas or concepts for a particular design project or problem. It involves brainstorming, researching, and presenting innovative solutions that can enhance the design.

Why is "Design Idea Contribution" important?

"Design Idea Contribution" is important because it allows for a diverse range of perspectives and creativity to be incorporated into a design. It can lead to more effective and unique solutions, improve the overall quality of the design, and foster collaboration and teamwork.

How can I contribute ideas to a design project?

You can contribute ideas to a design project by staying informed about the project and its goals, conducting research and gathering inspiration, actively participating in brainstorming sessions, and openly sharing your ideas with the team. It's also important to listen to and consider the ideas of others and be open to feedback and collaboration.

What are some techniques for effective "Design Idea Contribution"?

Some techniques for effective "Design Idea Contribution" include using visualization and sketching to communicate ideas, incorporating different brainstorming methods such as mind mapping or the 6-3-5 method, and utilizing technology and tools such as design software or virtual collaboration platforms. It's also important to be open-minded, adaptable, and willing to take risks with your ideas.

How can "Design Idea Contribution" be evaluated?

"Design Idea Contribution" can be evaluated by considering the originality and feasibility of the ideas presented, their alignment with the design project's goals and requirements, and their potential impact on the overall design. Feedback from stakeholders, team members, and other experts can also be valuable in evaluating the effectiveness of the contributions.