Differentiate, Evaluate Intergral

In summary, the conversation is about differentiating and evaluating integrals. The first part involves using the quotient and product rule to find the derivative of (6-xe^x)/(x+e^x). The second part involves evaluating the integral of (2u^5-8u^3+5u^2)du from -1 to 0 and (u^7+6u^13)/u^9 du from 1 to 2. The final part is a request for help as the answers do not seem to be correct.
fashion_fever
Differentiate:

(6-xe^x)/(x+e^x)=...

Evaluate Intergral:

(2u^5-8u^3+5u^2)du, from lower limit -1 to higher limit 0.
(i got 10/3 for some reason...)

(u^7+6u^13)/u^9 du, from lower limit 1 to higher limit 2.
(n i got 47 for this..)

I tried these a few times but my answer is still not quite right, so I am kinda stuck right now, can any1 help with the answers?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Differentiation one, just use the quotient rule and the product rule.

Did not check you intergals yet, but I think your 'dy's should be 'du's instead.

sorry, i changed it to du.
For the differentiate, I did use the quotient and product rule, but somehow the answer is wrong.

fashion_fever said:
sorry, i changed it to du.
For the differentiate, I did use the quotient and product rule, but somehow the answer is wrong.

Could you post your attempt so we can see what, if anything you did wrong?

[(-e^x-xe^x)(x+e^x)-(1+e^x)(6-xe^x)]/(x+e^x)^2
is this step right?

Yes that is correct.

oh, okay good.then i try to simply it i got [e^x^2+x^2e^x+6e^x+6]/(x+e^x)^2...which is not right...

Related to Differentiate, Evaluate Intergral

1. What is the difference between differentiation and integration?

Differentiation is the process of finding the rate of change of a function with respect to its independent variable. On the other hand, integration is the process of finding the area under a curve by summing up infinitesimal rectangles. In other words, differentiation is used to find the slope of a curve while integration is used to find the area under the curve.

2. What is the purpose of differentiating and integrating functions?

Differentiation is used to analyze the behavior and characteristics of a function, such as finding critical points, determining the concavity of a curve, and finding the maximum and minimum points. Integration is used to solve problems involving accumulation, rates of change, and finding the total amount of a quantity.

3. Are there any real-life applications of differentiation and integration?

Yes, there are many real-life applications of differentiation and integration. For example, in physics, differentiation is used to calculate velocity and acceleration, while integration is used to calculate displacement and work. In economics, integration is used to calculate the total revenue and total cost of a business. In engineering, differentiation and integration are used in the design and analysis of structures and systems.

4. What are the basic rules and formulas for differentiating and integrating functions?

The basic rules for differentiation include the power rule, product rule, quotient rule, and chain rule. The basic formulas for integration include the power rule, substitution rule, integration by parts, and trigonometric substitution. These rules and formulas can be combined and applied to solve more complex differentiation and integration problems.

5. Is there a difference between indefinite and definite integration?

Yes, there is a difference between indefinite and definite integration. Indefinite integration results in a general solution with a constant of integration, while definite integration results in a specific numerical value. Indefinite integration is used to find the general antiderivative of a function, while definite integration is used to find the exact area under a curve between two points.