Do you know how to do this integral please?

• Thread starter blueyellow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the topic is about someone asking for help with an integral. The expert is able to provide a concise summary of the content without responding or replying to the question directly. The request for assistance with solving an integral is the main focus, with the expert's role being to summarize the content without providing any additional information.
blueyellow
What is the value of

closed integral (C) of [cosh z/(z^2 -z)] dz

if C is
a) the circle |z|=2
b)the circle |z-i|=1/2
c)the circle |z-1|=1/2

i've tried reading up on cauchy's integral formulae in textbooks and my notes but i couldn't find an example which was similar. what do i do? do i hav to first turn the cosh z into a formula involving e's?

Physics news on Phys.org
is the whole z thing in cos ?

if that is so then take z common cancel it
you'll be left with 1/(Z-1)

1. How do you solve integrals?

Integrals are solved by using a variety of techniques, such as substitution, integration by parts, and trigonometric identities. It is important to identify which technique is best suited for the given integral.

2. What is the purpose of solving integrals?

The purpose of solving integrals is to find the area under a curve, which can have many practical applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. Integrals can also be used to find the volume of 3D objects and to solve differential equations.

3. Can you give an example of solving an integral?

Sure, for example, the integral of 2x would be x^2 + C, where C is the constant of integration. This is found by using the power rule, which states that the integral of x^n is (x^(n+1))/(n+1) + C.

4. Are there any tips for solving integrals?

Yes, some tips for solving integrals include being familiar with common integration rules, practicing regularly, and breaking down the integral into smaller, more manageable parts. It is also important to check your answer by differentiating it and making sure it matches the original function.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving integrals?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving integrals include forgetting the constant of integration, using the wrong integration rule, and missing negative signs. It is also important to keep track of any substitutions made and to always check your answer for correctness.