Does the inertia of matter change in a black hole?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Carlos Torres
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone, I was in physics class and the professor asked if the inertia of matter changes in a black hole and I would like to know if anyone has the answer to this question.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Carlos Torres said:
Hi everyone, I was in physics class and the professor asked if the inertia of matter changes in a black hole and I would like to know if anyone has the answer to this question.
What do you think and why?
 
That seems a slightly odd question. Is that exactly how it was asked? From your user name I guess that the question may not have been asked in English, but in that case please translate as carefully as possible. And do note phinds' reply - we're happy to help, but at PF we don't do homework for you.
 
Last edited: