Can I draw a helical coil in MAXWELL 3D using PF and ANSYS?

In summary, to draw a helix in MAXWELL 3D, select the "Helix" tool and adjust the properties using the toolbar. The appearance of the helix can be customized by changing its color, thickness, and style, as well as adding materials and textures. To edit a helix, use the editing tools or the "Edit Points" tool. It is possible to animate a helix using keyframes or the "Path Animation" tool. Additionally, a helix can be converted into a solid object using the "Extrude" tool.
ATTAB
I'm a new user to both PF & Maxwell 3D. I've been having a lot of problems trying to draw a helical coil in Maxwell 3D v11.

the problem is how to connect the two tub in 3D
here is the image imported MAXWELL 3Dhttps://physicsforums-bernhardtmediall.netdna-ssl.com/data/attachments/63/63053-63dc021e4339b786d2340728c0b68d9f.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    32.7 KB · Views: 456
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
thank you but the problem is how drawing in software ANSYS maxwell in 3D

1. How do I draw a helix in MAXWELL 3D?

In MAXWELL 3D, you can draw a helix by selecting the "Helix" tool from the toolbar and then clicking and dragging on the canvas to create the desired shape. You can also adjust the number of turns, pitch, and radius of the helix using the properties panel.

2. Can I customize the appearance of the helix in MAXWELL 3D?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the helix by changing the color, thickness, and style of the line using the properties panel. You can also add materials and textures to the helix using the "Material Properties" tool.

3. How can I edit a helix in MAXWELL 3D?

To edit a helix in MAXWELL 3D, you can select it and use the various editing tools such as move, rotate, and scale to modify its shape and position. You can also use the "Edit Points" tool to adjust the individual points of the helix.

4. Is it possible to animate a helix in MAXWELL 3D?

Yes, you can animate a helix in MAXWELL 3D by using the "Animation" tool and setting keyframes for the desired properties such as position, rotation, and scale. You can also use the "Path Animation" tool to make the helix follow a specific path.

5. Can I convert a helix into a solid object in MAXWELL 3D?

Yes, you can convert a helix into a solid object in MAXWELL 3D by using the "Extrude" tool. This tool allows you to give depth to 2D shapes, including helix, and turn them into 3D objects that can be further edited and manipulated.