Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Drugs are bad M'kay?

1. Jun 28, 2004 #26
    some drugs are bad
    some are mostly harmless
    BUT ALL DRUG LAWS ARE BAD

2. Jul 10, 2004 #27
    You can only judge this on what you think yourself. If you genuinely believe that taking drugs will get you somewhere then go ahead but I personally think you have to be stupid to take them as in my opinion they harm mind, body and if you believe in it soul.

3. Jul 12, 2004 #28

I hope that you never get sick or grow old, such that you need drugs for your condition. If so, you will have to consider yourself stupid, won't you.

You say that, in your opinion, drugs harm mind, body, and, if he believes in it, soul? Why do you believe that drugs harm the soul only if he believes in a soul? Doesn't your belief count?

4. Jul 13, 2004 #29
    I meant the type of drugs that are usually illegal. Such as LSD, cocaine etc. I did not mean medicinal drugs. These are perfectly ok.

No, I wanted to expand my post to athiests as well as thiests and agnostics. If I said mind, body and soul I would get told that they don't believe in a religion, therefore my post is wrong. So to get round it I said mind, body and if you believe in it soul to apply to everyone. In my opinion drugs will harm the soul even if the person doesn't believe in the soul etc. but to that person it wouldn't matter as they don't believe it exists. I was just being diplomatic ok?

5. Jul 13, 2004 #30
    I gather from this that you eat only the most healthy of food, and do the utmost in healthy exercise.

Surely you would never eat junk food, or do anything unhealthy, ever, under any circumstances. Right? If your diet were ever less than the utmost in health food, wouldn't you have to be stupid to eat such things, as do they not in your opinion harm mind, body, and soul?

Please do not attempt to justify ever breaching such an important rule, as any infraction at all is identical to taking drugs, the difference being at most a slight difference in degree.

6. Jul 13, 2004 #31
    I admire your common sense, its a pity alot of people dont seem to able to trust in their own judgement. I was reading a thread on this forum only the other day where someone had posted 'we shouldnt do drugs because buddah didnt approve of them' i mean really grow up and develop a mind of your own for gods sake.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook