Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dsp fourier

1. Jan 2, 2009 #1
    hi i wanted to know if anybody that knew about dsp and all the fourier series and transforms had any advice on how to master it ........ very swiftly..
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2009 #2
    Hmmm.....Looking for a short-cut, eh?
    Is it for here, or to-go? Do you need ketchup with that? Just kidding :).

When I was a TA, I recommended this book that cuts to the chase: Introduction to Digital Signal Processing, by Johnny R Johnson. It was pretty helpful to the new comers to DSP.

You need some background on integral transforms.
    Start from Laplace transforms and then quickly move into fourier and z and what have you....

The best book is by Oppenheim-Schafer. Its a bible....
  4. Jan 7, 2009 #3
    thanks a lot so if I understood you right i start with LAPPLACE and I go on with the rest, thanks a lot of replying and for the book tip.
  5. Jan 7, 2009 #4
    lol, i have this. it ain't no shortcut.

i don't think master and quickly really go together here unless you're already a math savant, which is why you get few replies. i just had the one college course (roughly, 10 weeks), and didn't come away feeling like i had "mastered" the subject.
  6. Jan 9, 2009 #5
    i have an applied & pure math degree just getting adjusted to the " engineering " math notation .........
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?