Dynamic, Electricity and Magnetism, Gravitational Force, Light etc.

In summary, scientists such as Max Plank, Einstein, and Michelson-Morley have revolutionized scientific thought through their groundbreaking work in various fields including light, electricity, magnetism, and gravitational force. Their contributions have led to significant advancements in our understanding of the world and have challenged traditional beliefs about space, time, and energy.
dark.light
I completely made this question up because it's related to class and it will help me understand the lesson better and more.

Explain the work of scientists and how they revolutionized scientific thought. Include Max Plank, Einstein and Michelson-Morley. The work doesn't have to be only about light. It could also be related to electricity and magnetism, gravitational force, dynamic.

Physics news on Phys.org
dark.light said:
I completely made this question up because it's related to class and it will help me understand the lesson better and more.

Explain the work of scientists and how they revolutionized scientific thought. Include Max Plank, Einstein and Michelson-Morley. The work doesn't have to be only about light. It could also be related to electricity and magnetism, gravitational force, dynamic.

Wiki seems to have pretty good info on that kind of stuff. But some key ideas off the top of my head...

Max Plank I think was the first person the guess that energy was quantized while he was working on the emission spectra of black body radiation and different temperatures.

Einstein showed us with special relativity that space and time are one in the same, and your motion in space effects your motion in time. With general relativity he showed us that gravity can be understood as a geometrical property of his new 4d space-time.

Michelson-Morely are two guys that did an experiment called the 'michelson-morely' experiment in which they proved that there was no lumineferous ether, which they did before Einstein I think...

Look it up dog.

This is the wrong forum for posting homework type questions.

1. What is the difference between static and dynamic electricity?

Static electricity is a buildup of electric charge on the surface of an object, while dynamic electricity is the flow of electric charge through a conductive material.

2. How do magnets create a magnetic field?

Magnets contain tiny particles called "magnetic domains" that align in the same direction, creating a magnetic field around the magnet. When an external magnetic field is applied, these domains can shift and align in the direction of the external field, creating attraction or repulsion.

3. How does the gravitational force work?

The gravitational force is a force of attraction between two objects with mass. The force is directly proportional to the masses of the objects and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. This means that the larger the masses and the closer they are to each other, the stronger the gravitational force between them.

4. What is the electromagnetic spectrum?

The electromagnetic spectrum is the range of all types of electromagnetic radiation, including radio waves, microwaves, infrared radiation, visible light, ultraviolet radiation, X-rays, and gamma rays. They all have different wavelengths and frequencies, and they can be used for various purposes such as communication, heating, and imaging.

5. How does light travel?

Light is a form of electromagnetic radiation and it travels in a straight line at a constant speed of approximately 299,792,458 meters per second. It can travel through a vacuum, such as in space, as well as through transparent materials such as air, water, and glass. When light encounters a different medium, its speed and direction may change, a phenomenon known as refraction.