Easy, Basic Physic Questions(Check My Answers)

• Thread starter Ahmad786
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physic
In summary, the conversation is about various physics questions related to angles, speed, displacement, and graphing. The correct answers to the questions are: 1. C. 140º, 2. B. Speed has both magnitude and direction, 3. B. 6 km, 4. C. Time, 5. A. The instantaneous velocity is decreasing, and 6. B. Distance.
Ahmad786
I wanted to make sure the answers I had for the following, there mostly logic and for 1. I was confused so I guessed A..
1. What is the angle for north 50º west using the x-axis method? (This is also known as the
Polar Coordinates Method.)
A. 50º
B. 40º
C. 140º
D. 130º

2. Which of the following is a true statement about speed?
A. Speed has no magnitude but has direction.
B. Speed has both magnitude and direction.
C. Speed has no magnitude and no direction.
D. Speed has magnitude but has no direction.

3. If the distance around a circular track is 2.0 km and if runners run 3 laps, what is the
magnitude of the displacement?
A. 0 km
B. 6 km
C. 3 km
D. 2 km

4. What is plotted on the horizontal axis of a a speed-time graph?
A. Speed
B. Distance
C. Time
D. Acceleration

5. When the slope of a position-time graph gets less steep, what is indicated about the
instantaneous velocity?
A. The instantaneous velocity is decreasing.
B. The instantaneous velocity is staying the same.
C. The instantaneous velocity is increasing.
D. It is impossible to tell from the information given.

6. What information does the area under a speed-time graph give?
A. Speed
B. Distance
C. Time
D. Acceleration

Physics news on Phys.org
Answer:1. C. 140º2. B. Speed has both magnitude and direction.3. B. 6 km4. C. Time5. A. The instantaneous velocity is decreasing.6. B. Distance

1. The correct answer is C. 140º. In the x-axis method, north 50º west is equivalent to an angle of 140º in polar coordinates. This is because the x-axis is considered to be the reference line (or 0º) and angles are measured counterclockwise from there.

2. The correct answer is D. Speed has magnitude but has no direction. Speed is a scalar quantity, meaning it only has magnitude (size or amount) but no direction. Velocity, on the other hand, is a vector quantity and has both magnitude and direction.

3. The correct answer is B. 6 km. Displacement is the straight line distance from the starting point to the ending point. In this case, the runners ran 3 laps, which would be equivalent to 3 times the distance around the track (3 x 2.0 km = 6 km).

4. The correct answer is C. Time. On a speed-time graph, the horizontal axis represents time. The vertical axis represents speed.

5. The correct answer is A. The instantaneous velocity is decreasing. The slope of a position-time graph represents the velocity at any given point. When the slope gets less steep, it means that the velocity is decreasing.

6. The correct answer is B. Distance. The area under a speed-time graph represents the distance traveled. This is because distance is equal to the product of speed and time (d = v x t).

Related to Easy, Basic Physic Questions(Check My Answers)

1. What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with matter, energy, and their interactions. It is concerned with understanding the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world.

2. What are some basic physics concepts?

Some basic physics concepts include motion, forces, energy, and gravity. Other important concepts include momentum, work, power, and electricity.

3. How is physics used in everyday life?

Physics is used in everyday life in countless ways. It helps us understand how objects move and interact, which is crucial in fields such as engineering, transportation, and sports. It also plays a role in technologies like electricity, magnets, and computers.

4. What is the difference between classical and modern physics?

Classical physics is the study of motion and forces at the macroscopic level, while modern physics focuses on the behavior of particles at the microscopic level. Modern physics also includes theories like quantum mechanics and relativity, which have revolutionized our understanding of the universe.

5. How can I improve my understanding of basic physics?

To improve your understanding of basic physics, you can start by reviewing fundamental concepts and principles. You can also practice solving problems and conducting experiments to apply your knowledge. Additionally, seeking out additional resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and interactive simulations can also be helpful.