Effective resistance of secondary circuit in transformers

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
sarah68
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


You need a transformer to reduce a voltage of 150 V in the primary circuit to 25 V in the secondary circuit. The primary circuit has 130 windings and the secondary circuit is completed through a 55 ? resistor. (a) How many windings should the secondary circuit contain? (b) What is the effective resistance of the secondary circuit?

Homework Equations



V2/V1=N2/N1

Reff= R(N1/N2)^2

The Attempt at a Solution



I solved part A. N2 is 22 windings. However, part B is 1500 but I can't seem to get that answer! I used the above equation but it doesn't give me that answer. Is the Reff equation that I'm using wrong? Please help me!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
i think you got the secondary circuit voltage and windings also. you its correct secondary circuit resistance is depend on load only.
 
Yes, but if I plug in the values with that equation I don't get 1500 for part B. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.