Effects of Irradiance and Temperature on Solar Modules

In summary, for your final year project, you are looking for suggestions on books or papers to read on the topic of solar cells. After doing some research, it is recommended to start with the Wikipedia article on solar cells, which includes a list of references for further reading.
GnMvP
Can you please suggest me some books to read on this topic?
It's for my final year project!

I would much appreciate it!

Engineering news on Phys.org
GnMvP said:
Can you please suggest me some books to read on this topic?
It's for my final year project!

I would much appreciate it!

Congratulations on your final year!

I googled the title of your thread, and got some good hits. Surprisingly, the wikipedia article has lots of information in it that may be useful for you, and has a long list of references that you can use for further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cell

Thank you.
I've done some research online, although I would like some suggestions on which books I should initially read.. If not books maybe some specific papers that I can find online.

Related to Effects of Irradiance and Temperature on Solar Modules

What is the relationship between irradiance and temperature on solar modules?

The relationship between irradiance and temperature on solar modules is an inverse one. As irradiance (the amount of sunlight hitting the module) increases, the temperature of the solar module also increases. However, as temperature increases, the efficiency of the solar module decreases.

How does temperature affect the efficiency of solar modules?

Higher temperatures can decrease the efficiency of solar modules. This is because as temperature increases, the electrical resistance of the module also increases, leading to a decrease in the module's power output. Additionally, higher temperatures can cause the materials in the module to expand, which can lead to microcracks and other damage that can further decrease efficiency.

What is the optimal temperature for solar modules?

The optimal temperature for solar modules is typically around 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit). At this temperature, the module is able to produce the maximum amount of power output. However, this optimal temperature can vary depending on the specific materials and design of the module.

How does irradiance affect the efficiency of solar modules?

Higher irradiance levels can increase the efficiency of solar modules. This is because more sunlight hitting the module means more energy can be converted into electricity. However, there is a limit to this effect and too much irradiance can actually lead to decreased efficiency due to increased temperatures.

What other factors can affect the performance of solar modules?

In addition to irradiance and temperature, other factors such as shading, soiling, and module orientation can also affect the performance of solar modules. Shading from trees, buildings, or other objects can decrease the amount of sunlight hitting the module, while dirt or debris on the surface of the module can also decrease efficiency. The orientation of the module, such as its tilt angle and direction, can also impact its performance.