Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Einstien and UFOs

1. Oct 30, 2005 #1
    Please forgive me if I put this in the wrong forum, but I couldn't help but wonder...you know that UFOs defy the laws of physics, right? Well, What would Einstien say about UFOs?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2005 #2
    i dont know i think i will call him him and ask him

4. Oct 30, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Dude its past 10pm, you can't just call people like that.

5. Oct 30, 2005 #4
    sorry o yea last time i called einstein this late he got really cross with me, he needs his sleep

6. Oct 30, 2005 #5
    Since Einstien is dead, and you called him, I am assuming you are psychic?

7. Oct 30, 2005 #6
    no hes not really dead, hes jsut hiding and working, in a few years he will amaze us all with new theories, he will also tell you that aliens are real!!!

8. Oct 30, 2005 #7
    What a figment of your imagination! In your hopeless dreams boy!

9. Oct 30, 2005 #8

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Einstein would say you need to go back and learn some physics. :)

10. Oct 30, 2005 #9
    yea he would throw a grade 11 physics book at your face

11. Oct 30, 2005 #10
    me and einstein are tight sersiouly though ill ask him for you tommorow

12. Oct 30, 2005 #11
    I was asking what would Einstien say about people saying that UFOs defy physics. I do not need to learn physics and in fact, I am taking it in high school now. So if you said that I need to learn physics, I'll say, in the words of Bart Simpson...

"Eat my shorts!"

13. Oct 30, 2005 #12
    no thanks i allreyad had some for lunch, and in that case he would probably tell them that they need to learn some physics.

14. Oct 30, 2005 #13

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You didn't say anything about other people in your original post. It was also your own assumption that "you know UFOs defy the laws of physics, right?" To whoever made that assertion Einstein would say go back and learn some physics -- and eat your own shorts! :)

15. Oct 30, 2005 #14
    Well of course they need to learn physics! I agree. Nothing, absouletely nothing can defy the laws of physics. There has to be an scientific explination; UFOs don't violate physics because they are subject to them.

Also tide, the eat my shorts part was a joke, so please don't get offended.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  16. Oct 30, 2005 #15
    i dont even understand your question anymore or what ur point is

17. Oct 30, 2005 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

If there are extraterrestrials, they won't "defy physics" since a definition of physics is the laws and rules our universe runs on. So unless they don't live in our universe...... well you get the point.

It's not that they defy physics... its that they defy our level of technological capabilities. We know its possible physically.... we just can't imagine how they are doing it.

18. Oct 30, 2005 #17

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Not only that, but to assert that UFOs defy the laws of physics presumes that you know the properties of UFOs and the original poster has neglected to cite even one such property. Let's put the burden back onto him.

19. Oct 30, 2005 #18
    the greatests minds on the planet are constantly making new discoveries and new theories and testing old theories such as relativety that goes to show how little we understand thus far

20. Oct 30, 2005 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

They are not exactly out there making reality altering discoveries such as E=mc^2.... Saying we understand little means that you already know what all the knowledge in the world is...

21. Oct 30, 2005 #20
    What makes you say UFO's defy the laws of physics?

Credible sightings have reported that they go really fast and accelerate real fast but that doesn't violate any laws of physics that I know of. We thought that breaking the sound barrier was impossible once.

There are non-credible sightings that may seem to but they can't be taken seriously and are usually easily debunked.

Unless you know for a fact you were taken to Alpha Centauri and back in less than 8 years, I don't know of any sightings that actually violate a law of physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?