Electrical schematic troubleshooting program?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I was wondering if there was a simple program out there that would help me design and toubleshoot schematics I draw? For example, I have a schematic for a power supply that takes a 6.5k "core and coil" transformer and ups the voltage to 15k to supply a Van de Graaff generator. Now, the problem is I want to test a few things about it, including the 1 megohm resistor on the ground, before I actually build this thing.

So, is there a program out there that will allow me to test stuff like this out before I build it and toubleshoot it for real? I'm sure there is I have just missed it, or not been searching google properly. Thanks!

Answers and Replies

Have you looked at using pspice?

I had not. It seems there is a student edition available for free for use by anyone, so I will try it out!

Yea I wasn't looking for electronics circuit simulators like a dolt. Thanks!

I had not. It seems there is a student edition available for free for use by anyone, so I will try it out!
LTSpice is a good free option.

I think LTSpice is what I am looking for. I've downloaded it with no issues so far and hopefully it will help me figure out if this design is efficient and actually works.

Am I allowed to post schematics on here to get some advice on?