EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions

• Thread starter cupid.callin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Emi
In summary: Electrons will collide and produce heat, but the amount of heat produced will depend on the amount of resistance in the circuit.
cupid.callin
attachment.php?attachmentid=32222&stc=1&d=1297735382.jpg

No idea.

Please someone explain me the question. From what I have understood, I think it’s because on connecting wires, it will form a closed loop and will induce an opposing EMF which will induce current in circuit and which will provide an opposing torque to the motion.

Yes, start at instance battery is connected and continue to rise till infinity as current in first will also me maximum at infinity and will keep on increasing till then

Same reason as third, current will be 0 at infinity

Doesn’t inductance only depend on just geometry of solenoid? Then why will it change for ends?

I guess at center as magnetic field lines are denser at center.

The rod will magnetize so field and flux will increase, but answer is (a), (b), (c)

Answer says that (d) is wrong, why? While electron will shift at B, they will collide and produce heat, right?

Attachments

• EMI Quickies.jpg
    EMI Quickies.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 432
Physics news on Phys.org
1. How does the current change with time after the switch is closed? What is the time derivative of the current at t=0? And how much is the change of the current when the switch is opened? How long can it last to open a switch?

ehild

For closing: i = io (1 - e-t/τ)
so di/dt = ioe-t/τ / τ
at t=0, i = io

For opening, i = io e-t/τ
di/dt = -io e-t/τ / τ
di/dt = -io / et/τ τ

As 1 > e-x > 0 for x>0

di/dt in opening is greater than one ... right?

What is Io when the switch is closed? How is it related to the battery and the resistance in the circuit? There is always some resistance: the inner resistance of the battery, the resistance of the wires, the resistance of the coil (it is made of wire which has some resistance)

Can current flow at all when the switch is open? The equation you wrote refers to the case when the battery is short-circuited at t=0, at the current is io at that instant. It is not breaking the circuit.

ehild

8. no reason it will not heat up, unless it has no resistance or there is only 1 correct answer, in which case end A will become positively charged answer (C) (because of Lorenz force).

cupid.callin said:
Answer says that (d) is wrong, why? While electron will shift at B, they will collide and produce heat, right?
There is no more movement of electrons than there is for a stationary rod.

What is the purpose of "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions"?

The purpose of "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions" is to provide quick and concise answers to commonly asked questions about Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and its effects on electronic devices.

Who can benefit from reading "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions"?

Anyone who is interested in learning about EMI and its effects on electronic devices can benefit from reading "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions". This includes scientists, engineers, and individuals working in the electronics industry.

What topics are covered in "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions"?

"EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions" covers a wide range of topics related to EMI, including its sources, types, and methods for mitigating its effects on electronic devices. It also includes information on EMI testing and regulations.

Are the answers in "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions" based on scientific research?

Yes, all the answers in "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions" are based on scientific research and industry standards. The information is regularly reviewed and updated to ensure accuracy.

Can "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions" be used as a reference guide?

Yes, "EMI Quickies: Get Answers to Your Questions" can be used as a reference guide for quick information on EMI. It provides easily accessible answers to common questions and can serve as a starting point for further research on the topic.