Discover the Exciting World of Physics with Marleen and the Enderverse Books

• Thread starter Marleen Renders
  • Start date
In summary, Marleen and Janosh, two members of the Physics Forum, discuss their similar educational backgrounds and their love for reading science fiction books. Janosh recommends the Enderverse books by Orson Scott Card to Marleen, who is currently reading his 'Shadow' series. Marleen adds Philip Jose Farmer's 'Riverworld' series to her reading list. They also discuss the new PF APP, which Janosh is currently using.
Marleen Renders
Janosh89 said:
Welcome to Physics Forum, Marleen. I have a similar educational background to you.We are all on a roller-coaster, somewhat, of the learning experience
called "Life"
Hi Janosh! Thank you for the welcome!
Just a thing that crossed my mind: Did you read the Enderverse books by Orson Scott Card? I'm currently reading his 'Shadow' series and they really rock. If you have a similar background, you might love them too. :-)

Likes Janosh89
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Marleen Renders said:
Just a thing that crossed my mind: Did you read the Enderverse books by Orson Scott Card? I'm currently reading his 'Shadow' series and they really rock. If you have a similar background, you might love them too. :-)

I've read Ender's Game and the immediate sequel trilogy, but that's it. I haven't read any of the others. Something I should probably get around to one day...

I'll look on the Lib. shelves. Thanks for the tip. I think reality can be expressed, to some extent at least, by the projection of one's "wathan". Philip Jose Farmer?
Riverworld?

Last edited:
Janosh89 said:
I'll look on the Lib. shelves. Thanks for the tip. I think reality can be expressed, to some extent at least, by the projection of one's "wathan". Philip Jose Farmer?
Riverworld?
Hi Janosh! I haven't read the Riverworld series and didn't hear of Philip Jose Farmer before, I've put the first book on my to read list.

I'm using the new PF APP, now. Ender...se! Less strain.

What is "Discover the Exciting World of Physics with Marleen and the Enderverse Books"?

"Discover the Exciting World of Physics with Marleen and the Enderverse Books" is a series of educational books that use storytelling and relatable characters to introduce children to the fundamentals of physics in a fun and engaging way.

Who is Marleen and why is she important in this series?

Marleen is the main character in the series who is a curious and adventurous young girl. She serves as a relatable role model for children and helps them understand complex physics concepts through her own experiences and adventures.

What age range is this series suitable for?

The series is recommended for children aged 8-12 years old. However, it can also be enjoyed by younger children with parental guidance or older children who are interested in learning about physics.

Do I need to have any prior knowledge of physics to understand the books?

No, the books are written in a simple and easy-to-understand language that does not require any prior knowledge of physics. The concepts are introduced gradually and build upon each other throughout the series.

How can these books help children learn about physics?

The books use storytelling, relatable characters, and real-life examples to make the complex concepts of physics more accessible and interesting for children. It also includes hands-on experiments and activities that encourage children to explore and apply their newfound knowledge of physics.