EureKalc, a symbolic and numeric calculator for Mac OS X

In summary, EureKalc 3 is a free and opensource MathCad like application designed for solving problems in physics and engineering on Mac OSX. It allows users to calculate with physical quantities, lists of numbers, complex numbers, and variables and functions. It also offers features such as presenting results in tables and graphs, accessing physical constants and data sets, transforming equations, and exporting results. However, it currently does not have an Undo/Redo function.
nicohirtt
Hello,

EureKalc 3 is an environment for numeric and symbolic calculation, dedicated to solving problems in the field of physics and engineering... It's a free and opensource MathCad like application running on Mac OSX. I developed it primarily for solving physics problems at the level of higher secondary education (elementary classical physics). But I suppose it could also be useful for high school or university.

With EureKalc 3 you can...

• Calculate with physical quantities (numbers with units)
• Calculate with lists of numbers (sequences and vectors)
• Use complex numbers
• Present results in the form of tables and graphs
• Use variables and own functions and use them in your calculations
• Access easily physical constants and data sets
• Write equations in a normal algebraic notation
• Edit, duplicate, merge... equations
• Transform equations using a vast set of algebraic rules
• Calculate derivatives of functions
• Present your work in a neat and structured lay-out
• Export your pages as PDF
• Export pages or equations to LaTex
• Export results of your calculations (to use in Excel for instance)

Homepage, download, screenshots : http://web.me.com/nicohirtt/EureKalc"

I hope this might be of interest for some of you.

(Thanks to administrators and mentors of Physics Forum who authorized this announcement. It is no spam : EureKalc is free and open source)

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I was looking for some alternative for MathCAD on mac and found EuroKalc. For my purposes is that more than sufficient. I make statics, strength and machine design calculations mostly. But my biggest problem is absence of Undo / Redo function. Do you plan some other update?

Thanx a lot
Olda Dajbych

1. What is EureKalc?

EureKalc is a symbolic and numeric calculator designed specifically for Mac OS X. It is a powerful tool that can perform both basic and advanced mathematical calculations, as well as handle complex symbolic equations.

2. What sets EureKalc apart from other calculators?

EureKalc is unique in that it combines both symbolic and numeric calculation capabilities in one program. It also has a user-friendly interface and a wide range of advanced features, making it a versatile tool for both students and professionals.

3. Can EureKalc handle complex equations and functions?

Yes, EureKalc has a powerful symbolic engine that can handle complex equations, functions, and variables. It can also perform calculus, algebra, and other mathematical operations on these equations.

4. Is EureKalc compatible with other applications?

Yes, EureKalc can integrate with other Mac OS X applications, such as Pages and Numbers, allowing you to easily use your calculated results in other documents or projects.

5. What type of support is available for EureKalc?

EureKalc has a comprehensive online user manual and tutorial videos to help you get started and learn how to use its features. Additionally, there is a support forum where you can ask questions and get assistance from the EureKalc community and developers.