How Scorching Are Temperatures in Your City?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary: I don't even want to think about what that feels like.It reached at least 102 here today, and in the last two days, two places in Oregon reached 108. I know that one was an all time high. Also, it was over eighty degrees...I don't even want to think about what that feels like.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
So how ungodly hot is it where you live right now?

MSN says to expect a high of 109 today. Currently it is 111. It wasn't until midnight last night that it went under 100 degrees. People's pools are probably evaporating as we speak. I know everytime i look outside my eyes start smoking. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
..........yomamma, you know what to do.

It's ungodly pleasant, just 78 degrees in NY. I don't think it's only matter of temperature. Also air moisture's got some role. It's hard to breathe with 100 degrees on head in nyc, however I used to experience much higher temperatures in Florida, and I managed to live without an air con. It was just normal. LA is similar to nyc, for being near the ocean, though LA is closer to a tropic.

I suggest you revise your signature, and add Cyrus to get out, it seems to me like he's going to be here in matter of seconds.

73F (23C) here and falling, should reach an equilibirium with the A/C at around 68F/20C. Much colder at night.

It's about 86F here. Feels more like 96F in my apartment. Do you think blowing a fan over a block of ice does any good?

Math Is Hard said:
It's about 86F here. Feels more like 96F in my apartment. Do you think blowing a fan over a block of ice does any good?

It's not hot, its just you. :biggrin:

I am showing a 100F on my outdoor Thermometer. It is in the shade on the North side of my house, so should be a pretty good indicator of air temp. Yep... It's hot out!

It's been getting close to 100F here in the UK, luckily it's cooled of over the last day or two because we're just not used tht sort of temp, air con is soemthing that very few private houses have.

cyrusabdollahi said:
It's not hot, its just you. :biggrin:
hee hee. thanks.

It's freakin' miserable here. On top of that I'm forced to read one of the most tedious cognitive psychology papers ever written so I can finish a paper. I think I'd rather be doing linear algebra. :tongue2:

After a week of scorching heat, we got a nice, big thunderstorm yesterday, and the temperature finally plummeted back to where it should be. But, now I've grown accustomed to the heat, and started to freeze while sitting outside in 70 degree weather! :cry: I can't win. :frown:

Pengwuino said:
So how ungodly hot is it where you live right now?

MSN says to expect a high of 109 today. Currently it is 111. It wasn't until midnight last night that it went under 100 degrees. People's pools are probably evaporating as we speak. I know everytime i look outside my eyes start smoking. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
Shut up pengwuino, it gets like this every summer

yomamma said:
Shut up pengwuino, it gets like this every summer

Refer to my signature.

moonbear said:
After a week of scorching heat, we got a nice, big thunderstorm yesterday, and the temperature finally plummeted back to where it should be. But, now I've grown accustomed to the heat, and started to freeze while sitting outside in 70 degree weather! I can't win.

It's suppose to storm around here next week. Expected high, 101. Yah God's revenge has begun. A lot of the lakes are overflowing as well so that's not a real life saver :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

Refer to MY signature

yomamma said:
Refer to MY signature

At least mine doesn't look like a girl made it.

no it doesn't

yomamma said:
no it doesn't

Good job changing it before everyone realized you live in san francisco

Yep gettin' hot in here too!

I live in Xanadu pengwuino...quit being stupid

Okay, back to your own corners guys. Only you two could manage to bicker over a topic so innocuous as the weather. :rolleyes:

pengwuino started it

Moonbear said:
Okay, back to your own corners guys. Only you two could manage to bicker over a topic so innocuous as the weather. :rolleyes:
Well you know it makes children cranky when it gets so hot.

Finaly got the air conditioner in the window the other day.
Temp dropped like a stone. :bugeye:

Edit: Its now about 70 outside.

Chi Meson said:
Well you know it makes children cranky when it gets so hot.
Yeah, I guess you're right about that. I think a good soaking with cold water should help. *grabs the fire hose* :devil:

Moonbear said:
Yeah, I guess you're right about that. I think a good soaking with cold water should help. *grabs the fire hose* :devil:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: right here moonbear! right here! yoohoo!

It is times like this when we need a new TKC

Shoo shoo, out of my thread yomamma

It reached at least 102 here today, and in the last two days, two places in Oregon reached 108. I know that one was an all time high. Also, it was over eighty degrees out at midnight the other night. We've never seen that in Oregon before.

Ivan Seeking said:
It reached at least 102 here today, and in the last two days, two places in Oregon reached 108. I know that one was an all time high. Also, it was over eighty degrees out at midnight the other night. We've never seen that in Oregon before.

I'm going on vacation to vancouver in a couple of weeks. Their highs right now are raound 80 degrees and my friend was complaining about the heat :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

Holy god and if htey tease us with one more of these Flash Flood Warnings on the EAS, I am going to snap.

please snap and leave us alone pengwuino

yomamma said:
please snap and leave us alone pengwuino

Does your babysitter let you stay on this late? :grumpy:

I've never had a babysitter, be quiet

yomamma said:
I've never had a babysitter, be quiet

oooo hit a nerve. Is she on the phone right now? :biggrin:

?

I have never had a babysitter...you CAN read...right?

Only someone whos had a babysitter would be so defensive about having a babysitter

I haven't been defensive