Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Expect a high today of death

1. Jul 23, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So how ungodly hot is it where you live right now?

MSN says to expect a high of 109 today. Currently it is 111. It wasn't until midnight last night that it went under 100 degrees. People's pools are probably evaporating as we speak. I know everytime i look outside my eyes start smoking. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2006 #2
    ........................................................yomamma, you know what to do.

4. Jul 23, 2006 #3
    It's ungodly pleasant, just 78 degrees in NY. I don't think it's only matter of temperature. Also air moisture's got some role. It's hard to breathe with 100 degrees on head in nyc, however I used to experience much higher temperatures in Florida, and I managed to live without an air con. It was just normal. LA is similar to nyc, for being near the ocean, though LA is closer to a tropic.

I suggest you revise your signature, and add Cyrus to get out, it seems to me like he's gonna be here in matter of seconds.

5. Jul 23, 2006 #4
    73F (23C) here and falling, should reach an equilibirium with the A/C at around 68F/20C. Much colder at night.

6. Jul 23, 2006 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's about 86F here. Feels more like 96F in my apartment. Do you think blowing a fan over a block of ice does any good?

7. Jul 23, 2006 #6
    It's not hot, its just you. :biggrin:

8. Jul 23, 2006 #7

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am showing a 100F on my outdoor Thermometer. It is in the shade on the North side of my house, so should be a pretty good indicator of air temp. Yep... It's hot out!

9. Jul 23, 2006 #8

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's been getting close to 100F here in the UK, luckily it's cooled of over the last day or two because we're just not used tht sort of temp, air con is soemthing that very few private houses have.

10. Jul 23, 2006 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hee hee. thanks.

It's freakin' miserable here. On top of that I'm forced to read one of the most tedious cognitive psychology papers ever written so I can finish a paper. I think I'd rather be doing linear algebra. :tongue2:

11. Jul 23, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

After a week of scorching heat, we got a nice, big thunderstorm yesterday, and the temperature finally plummeted back to where it should be. But, now I've grown accustomed to the heat, and started to freeze while sitting outside in 70 degree weather! :cry: I can't win. :frown:

12. Jul 23, 2006 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

Shut up pengwuino, it gets like this every summer

13. Jul 23, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Refer to my signature.

It's suppose to storm around here next week. Expected high, 101. Yah God's revenge has begun. A lot of the lakes are overflowing as well so that's not a real life saver :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

14. Jul 23, 2006 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

Refer to MY signature

15. Jul 23, 2006 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

At least mine doesn't look like a girl made it.

16. Jul 23, 2006 #15

JamesU

Gold Member

no it doesn't

17. Jul 23, 2006 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Good job changing it before everyone realized you live in san francisco

18. Jul 23, 2006 #17

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yep gettin' hot in here too!

19. Jul 23, 2006 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

I live in Xanadu pengwuino...quit being stupid

20. Jul 23, 2006 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, back to your own corners guys. Only you two could manage to bicker over a topic so innocuous as the weather. :rolleyes:

21. Jul 23, 2006 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

pengwuino started it

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?