Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

russ_watters
Mentor
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
What is your take: a legitimate business venture or a scam?
Well for starters:
You are bidding on a copy of US patent 6,271,614 - Signed by the inventor.
Since you can get a copy of the patent from the USPTO, you're paying for the guys signature. No thanks.

Second, the claims:
1: Toxic Waste Remediation
2: Conversion of Oil and Coal into Methane for zero emission power generation.
3: Zero Point Energy Production
4: Possible Nuclear Remediation
5: Atomic Fusion
Yeah, right.

HERE is a link to the patent. This is the abstract:
A power generating electromagnetic motor (2) which comprises a novel pulsed plasma commutator (22) in conjunction with a bipolar magnetic rotor (16) made of high BH.sub.max permanent magnets (14) affixed to a core element (18) disposed coaxially with drive coil (12) with an air gap there between and providing an adjacent receiving coil (10) for discrete, particle and wave recapture as well as by array (80). The commutator (22) propels the drive coil assembly (8) with a series of intermittent pulses as well as producing unique power outputs and discrete particles and waves in the resultant plasma, such as Electrum Validum or EV and furthermore is the unique presence of system negative entropy.
This falls into the catagory of what I would generally dismiss offhand because it just "smells" like BS. The claims are absurd and though I'm not a high energy physicist, I'm reasonably intelligent and the abstract sounds like technobabble.

But here's the dead giveway: note, the last few words: "furthermore is the unique presence of system negative entropy." Negative entropy in a closed system? Uh, no. So he pulled a fast one on the USPTO. They are swamped and it happens more than you might think. If I had to guess, this is another copy of the Farnsworth tabletop fusion reactor that Greg made a thread about; repackaged with enough technobabble to fool a patent evaluator.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Originally posted by russ_watters
But here's the dead giveway: note, the last few words: "furthermore is the unique presence of system negative entropy." Negative entropy in a closed system? Uh, no. So he pulled a fast one on the USPTO. They are swamped and it happens more than you might think. If I had to guess, this is another copy of the Farnsworth tabletop fusion reactor that Greg made a thread about; repackaged with enough technobabble to fool a patent evaluator. [/B]
Good catch. I missed that.

Edit: Over in the S&D forum, I posted your comment and closed the thread.

Last edited: