Fatigue Properties of Duplex Stainless Steel

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
bengmech
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can assist me in locating a stress amplitude vs. cycles curve (S N curve) for a Duplex Stainless Steel. The particular material I'm using is SAF 2205.

I have been searching far and wide, including the Atlas of Fatigue Curves, but I have not been able to find such data.

Your assistance would be sincerely appreciated.
Regards,
Rodney
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
bengmech said:
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can assist me in locating a stress amplitude vs. cycles curve (S N curve) for a Duplex Stainless Steel. The particular material I'm using is SAF 2205.

I have been searching far and wide, including the Atlas of Fatigue Curves, but I have not been able to find such data.

Your assistance would be sincerely appreciated.
Regards,
Rodney
See page 7 - http://www.avestapolarit.com/upload/documents/technical/datasheets/AVPDuplex.pdf ,
but that's in seawater.

One may wish to contact AvestaPolarit and/or AB Sandvik Steel directly for such data.
 
Last edited by a moderator: