Mysterious Invention: What's the Goal?

• Thread starter kaos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Invention
In summary: Professor Ishiguro believes that it may prove possible to build an android that could pass for a human, if only for a brief period. I bet you could fool people even longer if you dye her hair blonde. She is wearing black lace gloves.
Physics news on Phys.org
This is great news: I won't need those nude pics of MIH any longer!

Put me down for two :biggrin:

Wow, it looks real. :bugeye:

In order to make her more lifelike, she is programmed to complain frequently.

[runs and hides in a bomb shelter...]:biggrin:

mattmns said:
This is great news: I won't need those nude pics of MIH any longer!
oh, crap! Ken promised me that he had destroyed all of those. :frown:

Ivan Seeking said:

*locks door from the outside*

How long should we leave him in there? :devil:

Wow, that one is a dream come true for the geeky boys who can't get a date for the prom!

Moonbear said:
*locks door from the outside*

How long should we leave him in there? :devil:

oh, at least three days. It's completely stocked with cans of chili and beans so he'll have plenty to eat. Shame there's no ventilation. :devil:

Math Is Hard said:
oh, at least three days. It's completely stocked with cans of chili and beans so he'll have plenty to eat. Shame there's no ventilation. :devil:

Did I mention what the male android is programmed to do?

Ivan Seeking said:
Did I mention what the male android is programmed to do?
Watch Football and drink Beer?

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl: Remind me to never get on your bad side! :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
Especially for four days every month.

[Any room in that bomb shelter?]:biggrin:

Come on in. The beans are warming up just now.

I think they need something to do while contained...here have some matches :smile:

men+gas+matches= days of entertainment

whats with the hands? they ruin it for me

"More importantly, we have found that people forget she is an android while interacting with her. Consciously, it is easy to see that she is an android, but unconsciously, we react to the android as if she were a woman."
I wonder what kinds of things they're talking about. I think I would interact with it as if it were human - to some extent - just because that's what it's designed for. I would initially make assumptions based on its appearance, for instance, if it has skin, it can sense touch, but I don't think I'd have problems overriding those assumptions - just as I do with blind and deaf people, even though they have eyes and ears.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
oh, crap! Ken promised me that he had destroyed all of those. :frown:

I guess he lied. I think he had video or something, because there are shots of both of you together. For example, I found this one floating around:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6203/mihandken9mr.jpg [Broken]

I censored it for the sake of the children here at pf :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, MIH, your hair is quite disheveled - what ever have you been up to? :rolleyes: ... playing in the tornadoes with hypatia? :biggrin:

Is her hand gesture significant, she seems to be trying to relate some thing.

wolram said:
Is her hand gesture significant, she seems to be trying to relate some thing.
LOL! :rofl: I was just thinking the same thing. That picture might need to go in the Caption Competition thread.

Math Is Hard said:
LOL! :rofl: I was just thinking the same thing. That picture might need to go in the Caption Competition thread.

At a guess i would say that is about 6 inches, must be the size of his
biceps :biggrin:

They said,,,

Professor Ishiguro believes that it may prove possible to build an android that could pass for a human, if only for a brief period.

"An android could get away with it for a short time, 5-10 seconds. However, if we carefully select the situation, we could extend that, to perhaps 10 minutes".

I bet you could fool people even longer if you dye her hair blonde. :biggrin:

wow, that looks real! :bugeye: (the android :uhh: )

she is God send for many guys with their old inflatable dolls, although she might be too expensive.

stoned said:
she is God send for many guys with their old inflatable dolls, although she might be too expensive.

Well, that might depend on how much attention was given to certain anatomical details and how waterproof she is. :rolleyes: :uhh:

What is the mysterious invention and what does it do?

The mysterious invention is a new technology that has been developed by scientists. Its main purpose is to solve a problem or improve a certain aspect of our lives.

Who created this mysterious invention?

The invention was created by a team of scientists who have spent years conducting research and experimenting with different ideas.

What makes this invention so mysterious?

The invention is considered mysterious because it is a new and innovative concept that has not been seen or used before. It may also have a unique design or function that is not easily understandable.

What problem does this invention solve?

The goal of this invention is to solve a specific problem or improve a certain aspect of our lives. This could be anything from improving communication, to solving environmental issues, to enhancing medical treatments.

When will this mysterious invention be available to the public?

The availability of the invention to the public will depend on various factors such as further testing, patenting, and manufacturing. It could take anywhere from a few months to several years before it is widely accessible.