1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fill in the blanks

1. Nov 7, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Fill in the blanks:
    Energy is related to work in the way that, when _______ is done on a system, it gains _______, and _______ can be used to do _______ in a system.

The heat energy isn't part of the useful work done by machines, so this energy is considered _______.

2. Relevant equations
    i dont really know what all words would fit in. i just came up with those. if you think you know it just reply back i would appreciate any answer. but i would love it if they were right :biggrin: haha

3. The attempt at a solution
    i think but im not sure if its right
    Energy is related to work in the way that, when WORK is done on a system, it gains ENERGY, and _______ can be used to do _______ in a system.

thank you! :tongue2:
    sweedeljoseph

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2008 #2
    Yeah, that seems right. Then go energy, work for the last two?

4. Nov 8, 2008 #3
    i think the last part is "and energy can be used to do work in a system".it makes sense that way i dont know bout the part u filled out.

5. Nov 8, 2008 #4
    thank you!
    =]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?