What are the steps to find tension in three wires?

In summary: The diagram shows the forces on the ball after it has been released from the rock. The ball has a tension (Fnet) due to the force of gravity (Mg) and a weight (W) due to the mass of the ball.
shakejuhn
Ok here the problem i need to find the tension of the three wires but I am very lost and don't know where to start or how to finish.

so for i got 32*98 = 313.6N
i don't know what to do next
can someone please lead me in the correct direction to solve the problem.

image5.43.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
shakejuhn said:
Ok here the problem i need to find the tension of the three wires but I am very lost and don't know where to start or how to finish.

so for i got 32*98 = 313.6N
i don't know what to do next
can someone please lead me in the correct direction to solve the problem.

image5.43.jpg

First thing you need to do is to resolve all the tensions into triangular forces i.e translate a vector so you can treat the three tensions as applying the triange law for vectors
[tex]\vec{ac}=\vec{ab}+\vec{bc}[/tex]

ok so i have Fnet=M*a

so for the tension on the rock i have a tension and a weight
soball
\/ t1
|
|
/\ t1

so would this be the correct equation to solve for T if it is what would the acceleration be because its not give or i don't think there is anyway to find it
T1=313.6 * A

shakejuhn said:
ok so i have Fnet=M*a

so for the tension on the rock i have a tension and a weight
so

ball
\/ t1
|
|
/\ t1

so would this be the correct equation to solve for T if it is what would the acceleration be because its not give or i don't think there is anyway to find it

T1=313.6 * A

Before even attempting to solve for T you must resolve each tension into it's components. Simply applying a formula here is almost useless.
I must also apologies for not being able to understand what exactly you mean by the diagram
\/ t1
|
|
/\ t1
A isn't given, but it's a safe bet to assume that gravity is present.

1. What is tension and why is it important to measure?

Tension is the force applied to an object by a rope, wire, or other type of elastic material. It is important to measure because it affects the stability and safety of structures and objects, and can help determine the maximum load they can withstand.

2. How do you find the tension of wires?

The tension of wires can be found by using the formula T = F * L, where T is tension, F is the force applied to the wire, and L is the length of the wire. It is also important to take into account factors such as the material and diameter of the wire.

3. What tools are needed to measure tension in wires?

To measure tension in wires, you will need a spring scale or force gauge, a ruler or measuring tape, and a calculator to perform the necessary calculations.

4. What are some common applications for measuring tension in wires?

Tension in wires is commonly measured in applications such as suspension bridges, zip lines, and suspension cables for buildings. It is also used in everyday objects such as guitar strings and tent ropes.

5. What are some factors that can affect the tension of wires?

The tension of wires can be affected by factors such as the material and diameter of the wire, the force applied to it, temperature, and external forces such as wind or weight of the object it is supporting.