Find the acceleration in a composition of movement

In summary, the conversation is about finding the acceleration at point D, given that two circles are rotating at the same speed of pi radians per second. The speaker has used a simulation program to find the acceleration as -1643 mm/s^2, but is looking for a mathematical approach to solve this problem. The mentor suggests using variables to represent relevant positions and expressing constraints in terms of these variables, then solving the resulting equation system. If this is not possible, numeric solutions can be used.
shero1040
< Mentor Note -- thread moved to HH from the technical physics forums, so no HH Template is shown. Initial work is shown in the attachment. >

Hello,
l need to find the acceleration in the D point but i don't know how.
the 2 circles turn in the same speed ( pi rad/s).

I use a simulation programme to find the D acceleration ( - 1643 mm/s^2) but how to find it with a mathematical approach ?

Sorry for my english

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand what is fixed to what and I don't see point D.
Anyway: introduce variables for relevant positions, express your constraints (distances, angles, ...) in terms of those variables, solve the resulting equation system for the position of D. If that turns out to be impossible analytically, use numeric solutions.

1) What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity over time. It is a measure of how quickly an object's speed is changing, either by increasing or decreasing.

2) How is acceleration calculated?

Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity (final velocity - initial velocity) by the change in time. The unit of acceleration is meters per second squared (m/s²).

3) What is the difference between acceleration and velocity?

Velocity is the measure of an object's speed and direction, while acceleration is the measure of how quickly an object's velocity is changing. In other words, velocity tells us how fast an object is moving, while acceleration tells us how fast the velocity is changing.

4) How does acceleration affect motion?

Acceleration can either increase or decrease an object's speed and direction of motion. If an object has a positive acceleration, it will speed up. If an object has a negative acceleration, it will slow down.

5) How do you find the acceleration in a composition of movement?

To find the acceleration in a composition of movement, you must first determine the individual accelerations of each component of the movement. Then, add these accelerations together to find the total acceleration. This can be done using vector addition or by using the formula a = Δv/Δt.