Find the energy stored in a spring at .05m and .10m

  • Thread starter Thread starter davyvfr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Energy Spring
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
davyvfr
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find the energy stored in a spring when stretched .05m, and .10m. Spring Constant of 67.21 N/m.

(I am given a graph)


Homework Equations


F=1/2kx^2


The Attempt at a Solution


Ok, to find the energy stored I believe I am going to need the distance (.05m, and .10m) and the spring constant. Is there a way to calculate energy stored with just this? I am given a graph but the Force vs. Distance (in meters) only goes up to 0.3m so I can't rely on the graph just by looking at it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org