Find the partial diameter error of the surface area of cylinder

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 1K views
abobik
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
Hello everyone. I need help.
How Can I find partial diameter error of surface area of cylinder if I have diameter absolute error, average diameter and average height. Just write a formula. Please!
Relevant Equations
Using derivative
(ΔSA/ΔD) = 2πHΔD
Something is wrong I guess as I get wrong value.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You didn’t do the derivative correctly. Write the formula more carefully and then take the derivative more carefully. Hint: D is not ##\Delta D## (but also careful with the constants)
 
Cutter Ketch said:
You didn’t do the derivative correctly. Write the formula more carefully and then take the derivative more carefully. Hint: D is not ##\Delta D## (but also careful with the constants)
Thanks! But, actually, I don't really get it.. Now, the formula is Partial Diameter Error = (2πH + πD) * ΔD?
 
abobik said:
Thanks! But, actually, I don't really get it.. Now, the formula is Partial Diameter Error = (2πH + πD) * ΔD?
Start by posting the formula you are using for the area.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Cutter Ketch