Evaluating dA for the Rectangular Region R

In summary, the question asks to evaluate dA, or the area, of a rectangular region with the following constraints: 0 ≤ x ≤ 10ln7 and 25 ≤ y ≤ 50. The solution involves setting up a double integral with the given limits and calculating the area using the formula dA = dxdy or dA = dydx. The initial confusion was due to a browser issue, but the problem is now solvable with the full question displayed.
Temp0

Homework Statement

Evaluate dA, where R is the rectangular region described in 0 ≤ x ≤ 10ln7 and 25 ≤ y ≤ 50

Homework Equations

dA = dxdy or dA = dydx

The Attempt at a Solution

I drew the rectangle on a Cartesian plane, but the problem is I don't know what the question is asking. I can set up a double integral with the limits they give me, but I don't understand how to calculate dA from any of the given information. Thanks for any clarity you can provide me.

Edit: Nevermind, it was Firefox not showing information about the question, I can solve it now that the full question is displayed.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, so the wording doesn't make any sense. "Evaluate dA" as in calculate the area of the rectangle? is there a surface f(x,y) = z or something? because if there isn't this problem seems trivial. A = 10ln(7)*25.

1. How do you determine the area of a rectangular region?

The area of a rectangular region can be determined by multiplying the length of the region by its width.

2. What is dA?

dA refers to the small change in area of a rectangular region. It is typically used in integration to evaluate the total area of a region.

3. How do you evaluate dA for a rectangular region?

dA for a rectangular region can be evaluated by multiplying the small change in length (∆x) by the small change in width (∆y).

4. What is the purpose of evaluating dA for a rectangular region?

Evaluating dA allows for the calculation of the total area of a region, which can be useful in various mathematical and scientific applications.

5. Are there any limitations to evaluating dA for a rectangular region?

Yes, evaluating dA for a rectangular region assumes that the region is a perfect rectangle and does not take into account any irregularities or variations in the shape of the region.