Finding how much heat released by evaporation of water

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 1K views
member 731016
Homework Statement
Please see below
Relevant Equations
Please see below
For this,
1680591180620.png

Dose anybody please know where they got the 120W from?

Many thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
haruspex said:
There must be more context to the question.
Thank you for your reply @haruspex!

I'm very sorry, but somehow, I missed the slide before. I think I understand where they got the 120W from now.

Thank you for your help!
 
What releases the heat? The water needs to absorb energy in order to evaporate. Evaporation does not release heat.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: hutchphd, member 731016 and Lnewqban
nasu said:
What releases the heat? The water needs to absorb energy in order to evaporate. Evaporation does not release heat.
Thank you for your reply @nasu!

The question was about the heat released from the human body I recall. So I think the water absorbs the heat from the human.

Many thanks!