1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

First book in quantum gravity

1. Oct 20, 2012 #1
    Hey all,
    Any suggestions on a good (graduate level) quantum gravity book? I'm quite accustomed with GR (Carroll, Schutz, Wald, Baez all beaten to death!) and am hoping to start acquainting myself with this field as it is what I will be researching.

Best
    TS

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2012 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Since the subject of quantum gravity is not so well established to have a definite and authoritative view on the subject, one point forward would be the book by Carlo Rovelli entitled just like that, "Quantum Gravity".
    Another subjects worth knowing are the theory of supergravity developed in the '70s and '80s which you can get accustomed to from the 3rd volume of Weinberg's set (having gone through Wald means that Weinberg's 3 volumes should be a must) and classical extensions of GR like Poincaré gauge theory, Kaluza Klein theory, etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook