Improve Humidity with Kenmore Floor Humidifier Motors: Wiring Guide & Schematic

• Thread starter Fred Frendley
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motors
In summary, the conversation discusses a Kenmore floor model humidifier with 2 motors and 2 coils each, wired in parallel. The control panel is not working and the speaker wants to add a rehostat to control the fan speed. They are looking for information on how to wire the speed control and the 110V wire connections to the motors. A schematic would be helpful in determining the type of motors and windings. The speaker is asked about their experience with AC Mains connected devices and the model number of their humidifier.
Fred Frendley
TL;DR Summary
Control circuit is bad. I want to simple wire a variable speed rehostat in to control fans speed.
I have a Kenmore floor model humidifier. It has 2 motors. Each motor has 2 coils. One coil has a balck and blue wire and the other has a red and white wire. These motors are wired in parallel. The control panel is bad an I would like to add a rehostat to control the fan speed and use it that way. How do I wire the speed control in and what is the 110V wire connections to the motors. Schematic would be great.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Fred Frendley said:
TL;DR Summary: Control circuit is bad. I want to simple wire a variable speed rehostat in to control fans speed.

Schematic would be great.
Yes it would. What have you found in your Google searching so far?

Also, what is your experience so far in working with AC Mains connected devices like this?

I second what @berkeman said.

Also, a schematic will tell us if those are simple motors, or BLDC brushless motors with digital controllers.

Model number should be printed on the motor.

Model 758.154200

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 62
Fred Frendley said:
Model 758.154200
Whelp, that helps a little with one of the 4+ questions we asked... :wink:

Was hoping the pic would define the type of motor and windings. How do I put voltage to these? each motor has 2 coils and 4 feed wires, 2 per coil.

berkeman said:
Yes it would. What have you found in your Google searching so far?

Also, what is your experience so far in working with AC Mains connected devices like this?
berkeman said:
anorlunda said:
Also, a schematic will tell us if those are simple motors, or BLDC brushless motors with digital controllers.

Fred Frendley said:
Was hoping the pic would define the type of motor and windings. How do I put voltage to these? each motor has 2 coils and 4 feed wires, 2 per coil.

berkeman said:
Whelp, that helps a little with one of the 4+ questions we asked... :wink:

Likes jrmichler

1. What is the purpose of a floor humidifier motor?

A floor humidifier motor is responsible for powering the fan and other components of a floor humidifier, which helps to improve the humidity levels in a room.

2. How do I know if my Kenmore floor humidifier motor needs to be replaced?

If your floor humidifier is not functioning properly or making unusual noises, it may be a sign that the motor needs to be replaced. You can also check the motor for any visible damage or wear and tear.

3. Can I replace the Kenmore floor humidifier motor myself?

Replacing a floor humidifier motor can be a complex task and may require some technical knowledge. It is recommended to consult the user manual or seek professional assistance to ensure proper installation and avoid any potential hazards.

4. What is the wiring guide for Kenmore floor humidifier motors?

The wiring guide for Kenmore floor humidifier motors can vary depending on the model, so it is important to refer to the user manual for specific instructions. In general, the motor should be connected to the power supply and the humidistat using appropriate wiring and connectors.

5. Do I need to follow a specific schematic when wiring Kenmore floor humidifier motors?

Yes, it is important to follow the schematic provided by the manufacturer when wiring Kenmore floor humidifier motors. This will ensure proper connections and prevent any potential damage to the motor or other components.