1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fluid Dynamics - Multiple Pipe System Need Help Please

1. Aug 1, 2010 #1
    Fluid Dynamics - Multiple Pipe System Need Help Please!!!!

There are 2 pumps at 2 locations with pipes (12") running from each of the pumps that are to both tied into 1 pipe (16"). In order to tie the 2 pipes into the one pipe there will be a 90 and a y fitting. The 16" pipe will then continue onto the dump point which is an open channel.

Using the Bernoulli Equation I can calculate what the volume and flow will be for both of the independent lines. What I can not figure out is will the 16" line accept the full flow quantity from both of these locations. So given that I have volumes, pressures and head losses for both of the lines. How do I figure out if the 16" line will be large enough and strong enough for the pressure and volume of water entering the line?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted